Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

calling those after a Mk2 GT3CS

poon

Hey you know who Mr S

Was out for a jog this morning and went past Riche in Pinner, had a look in and they still have a Mk2 GT3CS that I test drove for a friend six months ago, its was �56,000 and is now �52,000, its not a bad motor!

Perfect for your trackday obsessions!

They also have two 03 plate 996 Turbo S's in at �52k!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 77349

Turbo's are great value at the moment! That's vitually half price after 3 years.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 77350

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by So Poo on 01 October 2006

Turbo's are great value at the moment! That's vitually half price after 3 years.
Is that a hint re. your next purchase Chris?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 77361

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Jay T on 01 October 2006

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by So Poo on 01 October 2006

Is that a hint re. your next purchase Chris?
No doubt about that, I would love a turbo. For general day-to-day and holidays in Europe it would be fantastic, but I might end up going for something a bit more track orientated. Won't be selling mine until march/april 2008 though - so plenty of time to tink about it!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 77363

March 2008!!!!!!!

You'll be worse than Dan over the ensuing 18months!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 77372

cheers fella, enquired when it was up at £56k and was ok but not what I was after..

and when I did sepak to them, the guy was a tad cunfused about gt2 v gt3 ! but at 52, I may have a look...

those Turbo S cars... sure they ain't just added the "S" ! as I thought the S was a 2004 model.....

Migration info. Legacy thread was 77373

yeah know what you mean, when my mate asked me to look at it, I was talking about it being a CS and they argued with me for about 30 minutes saying it was a standard car, they knew nothing about LWF etc. Funny now that their advert mentions CS, they can't spell Zenon's either.

They have only really been selling Pork for about 12 months, prior to that it was mainly Mercs and BM's, they also tried to tell me that their warranty ans servicing would be better than OPC?!!

They are only 5 mins from my house so if you ever want me to scope a car out let me know.

I reckon if you can get the Silver CS off them for close to £50k that would be a bargain, its got a full cage, nomex's, fire ext, Corsa's and standard steel discs (replace with Alcons), two harness's and only 11000 miles. IIRC its a sale or return car, but maybe they now bought it coz its been on thoer forecourt for 6 months, surely they will want to get rid of it, its not exactly everyones cup of tea!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 77375

although it has been surprising how the market has changed for gt3's in the last month...

there was a yellow gt3 at GT Classics, last month up at 57.995 now down to 52.995.. and even all the 4 opc gt3's that I was tracking have been dropped by £3-4k over the last month !

only a few weeks ago there were 5 speed yelloe mk2's on the mkt !

see ! the effect I have on buying !

Migration info. Legacy thread was 77377

997 GT3 is out soon, everyone who is trading up will be looking to sell earlier so that they don't get hit depreciation wise, but if everyone does the same thing, supply and demand, basic economics.

Sensible thing to do would be to wait 18 months then trade up to a used 997GT3, but if money is no object?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 77378

but then I'll be waiting for ever

sensible thing was to wait till circa early spring 07 when the 1st crop of 997's had hit... but 6 months ia a long time !! and there is the winter effect when all these cars get tucked away...

however there is an opp' to buy....

Migration info. Legacy thread was 77380

money is certainly an object !

but there will never be a better time if this sorts itself out !

anyway buying and worrying about values is not my thing, buy to drive..... live to track !

Migration info. Legacy thread was 77381

Then why not get a new 997 GT3RS?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 77383

did I just type that !!!!!

money is certainly an object !

brain and keyboard are detached !!!!

in reality I'm maxed out and then some ! will be starting the sundeep petrol fund very soon !! just figured I could wait a life time waiting for tomrrow and now I just got fed up with all that so now is a good time to risk it all !

Migration info. Legacy thread was 77385

we always want the next best thing, when in reality is it any better?

take me for example, I love my GT3 but.....

Do I love it twice as much as my old 993 which was well sorted as you know!

No I don't!

Do I miss the aircooled flat six howl with RSR's...YES
Do I miss its lovely curves.... YES

Would I miss my GT3's engine howl at 5000rpm+... YES
Would I miss its amazing handling.... YES

Do I regret trading up...... in my heart and soul NO
In my financial mind..... MAYBE

The trade up didn't really hurt me at all, in fact I could easily trade up to a new 997GT3RS, but £85-90k on a car is stupid, unless of course you don't mind losing £20k for the kudos of owning a new GT3 until of course its not new anymore!

At some point you need to financially plan (pensions etc) rather than living the never never.

BTW, I am an IFA for a Bank! So that explains some of the last bit!

Get an early Mk1 GT3, at least you can then tell yourself its a classic, eh Adrien!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 77388

very true, its not just the car but the leap financially which has implications way beyond the sticker price which is very un-nerving....

did think about a mk1, but after the beauty of a 993, that wasn't going to happen !

but I know what the logically decision is, but i've now reached the crossroads, where I know I face up to 6k deprecition in the next 6 months but the decision is to go for it ! there will never be a better time !

Migration info. Legacy thread was 77390

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scratch
Back