Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

996 Targa just arrived

Alan Weston

Trainee
Thanks to the guy who suggested silcone lubricant for the roof, sprayed both roof and rear "hatchback" both now completely squeek free. Some car! Puts a smile on my face everytime i drive it! Just crossing my fingers in case somthing expensive breaks. Super or ordinary UL any opinions tried both cant see much differance?

2002 Black Targa Manual

Migration info. Legacy thread was 76220

Congrats on the new car, I love all black cars! You have many happy hours ahead of you. :D

Silcone spray is great I use loads of it on my Hard top (can't remember if it was me who suggested it though).

Go for Optimax (Vpower) if you can, it is much better for the engine in the long run!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 76226

Congrats on the new purchase, and welcome to the targa gang!

Do stick with super-UL if you can- there are apparently better detergents, engine protection etc as well as a few extra octanes...

Robert.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 76235

Welcome fellow Targa driver. The smile never goes away - I call it Smiletronic and has been fitted as standard to 911s for the last 30 years.

Why not get it put through a 111 point inspection and invest in £750 of peace of mind in the form of a warranty? Well worth it even if you only do it this year so you get the fun without the worry.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 76291

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartynT
Back