Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Oil Pressure???

sykick

Just had a strange experience, I have a Jan 2004 996 C4S. I was driving along at about 40mph and the oil pressure guage on the right side of the cluster just dropped to zero! At the same time a warning came up on the display that said 'indicator failure' and had the oil pressure symbol. This lasted for about one second and then it went back to normal, about 4 on the guage and the warning went away.

Then 10 seconds later it did the same thing again? and then went back to normal... At no point as far as I'm aware did the red oil pressure warning light at the bottom of the cluster come on. I have since measured the oil level on the dipstick and all is okay.

Has anyone else seen this, do I have a problem or could it just be a faulty sensor? I think I maybe need a trip to the OPC.....

rgds,
Marcus

Migration info. Legacy thread was 76200

trip to opc asap,

probably faulty sensor, check the oil with the dipstick to be on the safe side, if correct then the sensor bad.

good luck

Migration info. Legacy thread was 76201

Thanks, I have checked the dipstick and the level seems okay. Off to the OPC then after less than a week of ownership! I hope this is not a sign of things to come.....

Migration info. Legacy thread was 76204

dont worry,

I find when ever I buy a new car, (used or new) tht problems present them almost from the word go, mostly because used ones have been standing, and new ones, cos they have never been used

a few early probs, dont worry to much

Migration info. Legacy thread was 76205

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Autocraft1
Back