Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

SOUND SYSTEM 996 C2 CAB TIP

SOTGEE

Hi Guys (and girls if any)

Been a porsche owner for a few years however have been porscheless for the last 4, but have now seen the light and returned to the fold.

Now the proud owner owner of a '99 996c2 cab (tip) and i have to say the sound system is no better than my old 3.2 carrerra i had years ago.

I have upgraded the standard fit speakers and it still sounds poo... is there a location for a 'sub' and if so where, dont wanna carve her up....

i know this is no major problem coz i need to address the rms as well, but im screwed when it comes to priorities.

any help suggestions or comments will be gratefully received.

sg

Migration info. Legacy thread was 75480

SG,

a little confused by your post, but welcome anyway.

If you need to sort the RMS, then this MUST be your top priority before dealing with anything else.

Yep, there's a few girlies on here.

Give us a few more details on the cars &/or put piccies up.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 75486

Hi Rob, let me explain....

I have been driving porsches most of my life appart from the last 4 years, Ferrari 348 and later on a Chrysler CrossFire Cabrio.

Before that I have owned 4 928S4s And three 911 Car 3.2 one of which was a sport cab.

I have just bought a 99 C2 Cab Tip, which has some oil moisture underneath, we think its the RMS and i will be booking her in to JZ Mach to be assessed and repaired, in the meanwhile i really have to sort out this sound system.... cannot beleive how poor it is.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 75490

If you get a sports exhaust you won't care about the stereo any more! :wink:

Welcome to the Cab tip club!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 75511

Hi So Poo

Yes i think that could be an option....

:))))

but would really love to find a nice location for the subwoofer

:)

Migration info. Legacy thread was 75513

location for your sub, in the middle between driver and passenger, beneath where the stereo is housed, and behind the cardboard panels.

That is where the bose system put the small sub.

Welcome to the site be the way,

never enough hairdressers here :wink:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 75519

thank you all, your advice has been great....

i will post piccies soon....

Migration info. Legacy thread was 75695

I was in mine today and didn't think the stereo was too bad - were there any changes between 99 and 01?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 75714

i dunno poo.... but, it has had the becker mexico pro upgrade, a pair of 4 inch mids and 1 inch tweets on the dash, and on the back panels and 15cm mid/bass on the door pods and it sounds poooooooooooooooooooooooooo

there is no base at all, or at least it is very bad.

so i would like to add a sub (with its respective amp) in the hole they put there bose upgrade in (wherever that it is) so i dont carve up or cut the car panels inside.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 75727

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SondeMadiu
Back