Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

want to buy Cayenne

Jake23

I want to buy Porsche Cayenne 2005 year.

But I am not sure if I should take S version. How much fuel does it consume? Are the parts expensive and how often it has to be serviced?

The one I want to buy is here:

MODERATOR :
LINK
DELETED - VIRUS ALERT

Migration info. Legacy thread was 74993

Not only is that one ugly motherf***er of a car, but something on that link just caused my PC to have a fit, so I'd advise buying a nice air cooled 993 instead. Hope this helps. :D

Migration info. Legacy thread was 74999

I computer just had a spaz (a technical computer term) at that link too.

If you have the money, go for the S, it is very quick. But it drinks fuel - 15-20 mpg on most runs. Parts and servicing in line with most Porsches so not that cheap either.

But then if you wanted cheap parts and servcing you would get the Toyota Landcruiser.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 75001

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Jake23 on 19 September 2006I want to buy Porsche Cayenne 2005 year.
But I am not sure if I should take S version. How much fuel does it consume? Are the parts expensive and how often it has to be serviced?
The one I want to buy is here:
I want, I want, I want.....

Well I want doesn't get. I want people to stop buying frickin' Cayennes, but that's not going to happen is it.

Try a Cayenne website as I don't know many people who have them on this 911 site :) :)

(apart from JamieG (sorry Jamie))

Migration info. Legacy thread was 75003

I think you should wait a few more months, Porsche is going to give the base car and the S a power upgrade! And a face lift.

280 BHP and 390 BHP I think - more car for the same money.

I would buy the base car because I have a 997 but if its the only car and you have the cash go for the S - there is never too much power!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 75010

I have the base model and it is very thirsty as you have to drive it hard. I bought mine from new however should have bought a used S or Turbo which has roughly same MPG and much more power.

Mine is due for a service soon (i have put 10,000 miles on it in 6 months - not good). I am told that servicing is reasonable, call main dealer and they should readily have servicing and tyre price list for you to compare with other marques.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 75020

Oh and thanks to the gods for turning me platinum!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 75021

Ironic that you get your platinum status on this 911 website while talking about Cayennes :?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 75027

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by JamieG on 19 September 2006

Oh and thanks to the gods for turning me platinum!
remember be nice to Dave K or it gets taken away !

Migration info. Legacy thread was 75053

I owned a Cayenne S for 2 years. Servicing is every 2 years or 18K miles and costs approx £450. Tires every 15K. Urban driving it returned 16.4MPG. Motorway 18 - 20MPG. The biggest cost will be depreciation. Cayenne Values are dropping faster than Chris Tarrant's bank balance at the moment. Aso remember that Porches book at 8k miles per year. Therefore a two year old cayenne with 24K miles on the clock is 8k over book adv. according to the trade.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 75061

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by DaveK on 19 September 2006

Ironic that you get your platinum status on this 911 website while talking about Cayennes :?
Taxi for Jamie!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 75098

Previous poster said:

Previous poster said:

Taxi for Jamie!
Don't listen to them J. They are just being Porschist!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 75099

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by So Poo on 19 September 2006

Previous poster said:

Previous poster said:

Taxi for Jamie!
Don't listen to them J. They are just being Porschist!

you are far to pc

Migration info. Legacy thread was 75100

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GT3161
Back