Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Must have options for 997 (MY2007-8)

Atsuo Hiraide

I am looking to buy a new 997 next year. This is going to be a dream car for me, and I don't want to be making any mistakes. Like many others, I am having difficulty in chosing the "right" options. I have been looking at various sites and mags for which options to pick, and have a fairly good idea but am not sure about a few of them. I would also appreciate if I can have advise on "must have" options. Below are the options I am thinking of chosing at the present moment.

Carrera, 6MT

PASM, Sports Chrono, Leather Sport Seats, Sports Exaust, Bi-Xenon, Sat-nav, TPMS(Tire Pressure Monitoring System), Colored Wheel Caps

Thanks! Atsuo Hiraide, Tokyo JPN

Migration info. Legacy thread was 74966

Those seem like a pretty good set of options to me. Certainly a car that I would like to buy!

I'm assuming it's a C2 - by the way. Hard one's to guage are sunroof, parking sensors, Bose - some people like them, some not. Didn't know about TPMS, saves you going to the garage so often I suppose!

The Aluminium pack looks good on a black interior.

What colour combination are you going for?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 74970

Konnichi wa!

Nice to see someone else from Japan posting!

Looks like good selection of options, I would get seat heaters, trust me girlfriends and wives love seat heaters!

If you are getting the 3.6, a nice set of 19" alloys would be nice!

Out of interest, what colour are you planning on getting?

Where in Japan are you? I am in Minami Aoyama, Tokyo!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 74971

You appear to have picked out most of what I would go for (although sports chrono I have heard mixed opinions on). I would add the parking sensors, cruise and the heated seats.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 74985

>So Poo

The color combination I am thinking of is white on the outside and black on the inside. It seems like BOSE is rather controvertial, and I think I'll opt out. TPMS is a new option available here in Japan from the 2007 models, and I think it's been around in Germany from MY2006.

>Servo

Konnichiwa to you! It's rather surprising to see someone from Japan to be posting here! I live in Yokohama, and work in Yokosuka. I only got to know about this site because I get the Total 911 mags shipped overseas. I'm planning on getting the C2, and I agree 19" would look pretty nice. However, I have read several articles mentioning the best setting for the 3.6 model would be PASM + 18" in terms of handling and comfort.

>Sean

Thanks for your advise. I'm beginning to think I should get the heated seats.

Would appreciate more comments///

Migration info. Legacy thread was 75289

You can go for the Turbo wheels, or Sport Design wheels.. Those 2 are best I think.. I dont like the standart wheels of Carrera.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 86864

and great color combination..I will go for that combo for my 997 Turbo. It is really really gorgeous :)

Migration info. Legacy thread was 86865

deleted.jpg

Atsuo

to add, I would ensure you don't have the sunroof and rear wiper, both a waster of money, you then get extra head room and a lighter car !

Migration info. Legacy thread was 86895

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Sundeep on 02 November 2006

Atsuo

to add, I would ensure you don't have the sunroof and rear wiper, both a waster of money, you then get extra head room and a lighter car !
It's not all about the speed! Some people like a sunroof!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 86906

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Sundeep on 02 November 2006

really ?
For sure!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 86911

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by M030 on 02 November 2006

... Some people like a sunroof!...

Ask the Americans who get one for free in their 997GT3/GT3RS :)
LOL!
That's just amusing. Cos that the option you really want on a GT3!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 86918

Sports Chrono is worth the money, don't listen to anyone who says otherwise! It remaps the engine and makes the throttle response that much sharper and in the UK it's a bargain at £550. The sports exhaust is also a must have - if you spec nothing else, spec this.

Don't bother with the rear wiper (spoils the lines) and before investing in BOSE make sure you try two cars, one with and one without and see if you can tell which is which with your eyes closed! I didn't bother with it, too busy listening to the sports exhaust. Coloured wheel caps are half-price from e-bay (still OE) and Sat Nav good for resale as people expect this sort of toy on a car costing this much.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 86950

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SBSEA
Back