Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

oil measurements 996

D White

Does anyone else have difficulty in getting an accurate oil measurement on their 996 (2002 facelift). I get readings on the electronic gauge from 2-3 graduations under maximum to full (or even over full once!) depending on when its measured ie relatively cold or warm engine.

Checking the dipstick reads under max or ever so slightly over if the engine is really warm. Does anyone else get this large variability?

Any advice is most welcome

David..

Migration info. Legacy thread was 74526

postamble();
Hi, I recently posted similar question as I have just purchased a 2002 996 C4S (lots of replies) and also spoke to several independants as well as the Reading OPC. Seems the electronic gauge is the one to go with.

Was given the advice to measure when warm at the service station , mine is max when its cold (sometimes over) I guess all the oil has then had time to get back to the sump. When its warm mine reads one bar under.

As long as you are at the higher end - as opposed to reaching the lower end I don't think there is anything to worry about.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 74527

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GT3161
Back