Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

water leak 996

my 1999 996 has today developed a water leak from under and around the rear left exahust tail pipe. below the expansion bottle and in around all the heat shrouds around there. the expansion bottle seems ok- there a couple of hoses dissapear under there iam hoping its a case of a hose just split? any clues out there? thanks a lot.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 74359

Not so long ago I had the same problem in the same area. It turned out to be just a split hose which a new jubilee clip soon solved.

Hopefully yours will be just as straightforward

Matt

Migration info. Legacy thread was 74362

I have exact same symptom, but no evidence of where problem is i.e. no water scorching in engine bay.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 74510

had a trip down to local private porsche repairer and they rekon the header tank will be the problem as the crack will open up under pressure and spray coolant in any direction. if you can get a little hand under the tank the underneath is wet? shouldnt be tooo expensive he says...... watch this space.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 74626

shouldn't be too much to fix but keep us aprised !

Migration info. Legacy thread was 74835

I've had this problem, makes you want to buy a 993. Sans the water, sans the water problems!

I was driving the other day and a 993 C2 went past me "flat chat". Although I love the sound of my watercooled 996, there is definitely something special about those aircooled motors when getting pushed hard.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 74987

silver lady now in dry dock.... defo the header tank, tiny crack in the back side, picked the part up myself today from bolton porsche (new dealer belongs to porsche wilmslow) in stock at £148-00. should be back in action this week at a total of around £ 220-00. not as bad as i thought, alls well that ends well! 8)

Migration info. Legacy thread was 75145

she`s home now witha new water header tank and feeling much better after a few days rest. total cost including parts and adjusting hand brake £215-00. by the way i did have a quote of £465-00 from opc wilmslow. would recomend riverside porsche any day ofthe week. ofered to lend me a car for the duration , even came back cleaned.no fuss-job done!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 75608

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Camarocane
Back