Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

911 Bose Audio System - No Bass?

Kirk1176

Hi All,

Just picked up my shiny 911 40th Anniversary on Wednesday and can't stop grinning :)

However, just discovered that for some reason there is no sound going to the door speakers, only to the front dash and rear units.

Car is under warranty so gonna get it checked out but wondered if anybody had experienced similar problem and maybe there is a simple fix?

Thanks.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 73270

well done on your purchase, it could just be a cable unconnected or the speaker not working, thankfully simple to fix..

Migration info. Legacy thread was 73272

Yeah, whats odd is that neither door speaker is working which to me suggests that maybe a channel could have died on the amp - but as you say, could be a dodgy connector/cable.

Guess I'll just have to listen to the flat 6 purr until it's sorted - that'll be hard to live with :wink:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 73276

Dont want to worry you, I dont think the hifi is covered by the wtty,

get on to them straight away

Migration info. Legacy thread was 73281

Had the same thing with mine when I got it - Turned out to be the amp that needed replacing - FOC :D

Migration info. Legacy thread was 73282

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Speed Freak on 08 September 2006
Dont want to worry you, I dont think the hifi is covered by the wtty,
get on to them straight away

Yeah, I had thought that this was the case but since I only picked the car up on Wedneday it would be pretty crappy of them to turn round and expect me to pay for a replacement unit - if that's what the problem is.

Got the car from Nottingham Porsche Dealer so I would hope they'll be cool about a replacement.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 73283

I would imagine they would be,

best to say it hasnt worked since you picked the car up.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 73284

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Speed Freak on 08 September 2006
I would imagine they would be,
best to say it hasnt worked since you picked the car up.

Yeah. Which I don't think it has tbh. When I first turned the stereo on, I wasn't that impressed with the sound considering it was a Bose system.

A minor niggle in an othewise beautiful car - just gotta go read the other forums on how to keep it that way :wink:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 73286

I like the Anniversary esp the 345bhp engine,

Migration info. Legacy thread was 73296

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Autocraft1
Back