Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Tyre Advice please

richardofengland

Nurburgring
Am running carrera 18" wheels

tyres Pirelli Pzero asimmetrico

225 x 40 x ZR18 N3 on front

265 x 40 x ZR18 N3 on rear.

need 2 rear ones due wear to outside. Have been told Pirellis on back order and hard to get and to use other Porsche approved compounds ???

Continental sport contact 2 at 208 quid each including vat / fitting

any thoughts on tyres and price

Rich

Migration info. Legacy thread was 72987

Problem is if you change to Conti's on the rear you really should put them on the front at the same time. Price doesn't sound too bad, I did all 4 of mine (18s) for £648 earlier in the year.

I love the Conti's by the way, a nicer drive than the P-zero's IMHO.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 72997

Thing is fronts are in great condition, rears have wear on outside so wont be long til they are below 1.6 on 75% and if going to ring want some that will be ok for the whole tour. will have to try ringing around tomorrow.

thanks

Migration info. Legacy thread was 72999

There have been a few threads on where to buy cheap tyres, I'm sure a few are down by you.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 73004

Yes their were, bringing them from Germany is it happens, which is great until you 1, need them quite quickly and 2, need them fitted etc...

I will be following up wiz ze Germans though - tomorrow but do not want to wait and then find it's too late.

will look up some others on here as well.

thanks

Migration info. Legacy thread was 73006

Rich, I've been told, but not used, that Bracknell Tyres are supposed to be very competitive & are used to fittiing performance cars so won't damage your alloys. Oh & as Chris says don't mix tyre types.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 73020

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Rob J on 07 September 2006
Rich, I've been told, but not used, that Bracknell Tyres are supposed to be very competitive & are used to fittiing performance cars so won't damage your alloys. Oh & as Chris says don't mix tyre types.

Highly recommended I replaced all 4 of mine (17') conti 2's for around 450 all inclusive

Migration info. Legacy thread was 73022

it is recommended by Porsche to have the same N rated tyre all round, but in reality that is not always the case... although I suspect that this is the manufacturers counting the revenue when they make such announcements...

HOWEVER based on experince IMHO you can mix tyres on each axle end but only of the same brand, i.e. have to have at least the same tyre type, and N numbers on each axle, Pirelli N2 up front v N3 at the back.... but as long as the other axle is on a like for like basis then you will be fine...

don't mix brands as there will be too many different handling charactertics, but there are enough tyre shops with Pirelli in stock... have you tried
www.blackcirles.com

Migration info. Legacy thread was 73051

Have a new hole in my pocket - 2 new rear tyres pirelli pzero 265 x 35 ZR18 N3 total price 296 including fitting and tracking check. Service at northway a week Friday to come !!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 73381

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
briant1000
Back