Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Servicing Intervals

uuf361

This has probably been covered before but...........

I am led to believe that from '04 onwards the 996's only needed servicing every 2 years or 12,000 miles whichever came sooner.

However, the OPC kept sending my reminders for the second annual service on its second birthday even though it had only been serviced some 6 months before.

The manual (which is dated before 2004) says every 12 months.

So do I get my car serviced in October (a year after the last one) when it will have covered 8,000 miles or wait until the 12,000 ?

Any ideas ?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 72449

Pretty sure that these things are 12 months or the 12,000 miles. I believe that the 997 is 24 months or 20,000 miles.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 72453

yes, but the real question he's asking is how often should he do his highlights :twisted:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 72456

Minor serviceEvery 12,000 miles or 1 year (up to and including Model Year 2003)Every 12,000 miles or 2 years (from Model Year 2004)Major serviceEvery 24,000 miles or 2 years (up to and including Model Year 2003)Every 24,000 miles or 4 years (from Model Year 2004)Annual serviceCars driven less than 9,000 miles per year (up to and

This seems to come from somewhere in Porsche (but I don't know where bcos I nicked it from another website.......) I can only assume the OPC will continue to tell me annually to make some more money! The previous owner also told me 2 years or 12,000 miles....all very confusing

Migration info. Legacy thread was 72459

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Richard Eff on 04 September 2006

yes, but the real question he's asking is how often should he do his highlights :twisted:
Frequently I guess.....I wouldn't know, I don't need to cover up any grey........................yet!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 72460

Hallo mate

Most (including me goodself) go for an annual check up whatever, unless putting loadsa miles on the beasty - better for keeping your oil fresher - and a more regular check on consumables

Migration info. Legacy thread was 72463

As Hendo says, once a year, if you aint doing the miles, and more often if you do.

Not doing the miles is sometimes worse for a car, than putting many on.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 72468

Indeed, but I figure if I'm putting on around 8k miles each year it's not getting underused............

Migration info. Legacy thread was 72472

Well I had a card through the door from the OPC and a follow-up call and they insist that for 04 MY 996's the servicing should be done at 12,000 miles or 24 months whichever is sooner and were fairly insistent that as mine has onyl done 8,000 in the year that it really should wait.

I'm mindful to still book it in.....thoughts ?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 77744

Save your money - or drive the car more! :D
Both solve the problem.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 77749

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atlas.997
Back