Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Portiacraft warranty

Status
Not open for further replies.

steve222

In the winter of 2001 I bought a 964 from PortiaCraft in Mill Hill London for £17995 accompanied with their 5000 no time limit warranty.

After 4 months having covered less than 1000 miles the car developed an engine knock.

I took the car back to PortiaCraft who adjusted the valve clearances and assured me that the car would be fine.

I was not happy with this so I took the car to JZ Machtech and L
ancaste
r Porsche (main dealer) in Colchester- both concluded that the knock represented a serious problem and engine failure was inevitable.

I wrote to PortiaCraft enclosing the reports and asked them what they intended to do about it. I received no response.

I employed the services of a solicitor who attempted to get a meaningful response from PortiaCraft again without reply.

The engine subsequently seized and legal proceedings followed.

In Septemer of 2005 after lengthy preparation by the legal team a court found against PortiaCraft (who did not attend the hearing) and awarded me a substantial settlement.

That award has not been paid and I am subsequently awaiting a second court hearing for Harry and Co to explain why not.

On balance I am not overly impressed by their warranty and would not recommend them to others.

I will give an update in due course.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 72253

Wasn't there someone else complaining about this lot a few months ago?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 72254

I bet my bottom dollar Portiacraft will liquidate this company and will form a new one with new directors (their wives or mothers) within days. These people are unscrupulous and will never provide the service that we pay for.

Sorry to be so cynical Steve but you have very little chance of getting paid what you are due from these guys.

Good luck.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 72261

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Timjar
Back