Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

996 C4S in modern garage?

Gary Jones

Will it fit?

Anybody got an idea what the minimum width (& length) would be fit a C4S in &, of course, escape via opening the driver's door?

Wouldn't want to look silly & have to leave it out in the rain ;)

Migration info. Legacy thread was 70021

Length
4435 mm / 174.6 in

Width
1830 mm / 72.0in

Height
1295 mm / 51.0 in

My baby sleeps in a modern garage, part of a block. Length is not a prob for me ( :wink: ), but i have planks on the floor so i know when to stop. Width is the issue, always a slight challenge getting in and out, i have carpet on the walls beside the driver door to prevent any damage. I think i have about 6-12 inches more width in my garage than the mirrors which are the same width as rear arches.

Summary: they fit, don't let it stop you!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 70025

[quote:9EqZkY6Ais="Previous poster"]Quote: Originally posted by F1_Dragon on 16 August 2006
My baby sleeps in a modern garage, part of a block. Length is not a prob for me ( :wink: ), but i have planks on the floor so i know when to stop. Width is the issue, always a slight challenge getting in and out, i have carpet on the walls beside the driver door to prevent any damage. I think i have about 6-12 inches more width in my garage than the mirrors which are the same width as rear arches.
Summary: they fit, don't let it stop you!
[/QUOTE]Cheers F1_Dragon!

My garage doors are 80" & inside is about 84" wide so it sounds similar to your situation. I thought/hoped it would be OK but was worried how wide a C4S becomes when the door is opened...does it not go much past the rear arches then?

I already have carpet on the wall as I already have to squeeze my 68" wide Golf in :roll: :oops:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 70045

Indeed- the crucial thing is to put some carpet on the wall, also much easier if you open the drivers window first...

Migration info. Legacy thread was 70053

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Robertb on 16 August 2006
Indeed- the crucial thing is to put some carpet on the wall, also much easier if you open the drivers window first...

Open the window first? :?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 70055

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Gary Jones on 16 August 2006

Previous poster said:

Too climb out of no doubt!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 70056

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Rob J on 16 August 2006
Previous poster said:
Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Robertb on 16 August 2006 Indeed- the crucial thing is to put some carpet on the wall, also much easier if you open the drivers window first...[/i:4PPrzuWIbw]

I did wonder... :D

Migration info. Legacy thread was 70057

Previous poster said:

Previous poster said:

Previous poster said:

Dukes of Hazard style! :p

Migration info. Legacy thread was 70059

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by So Poo on 16 August 2006

Previous poster said:

Previous poster said:

Previous poster said:

Just the good ol boys, never done anyone any harm, just living life the only wey the new how, ye har........

Migration info. Legacy thread was 70062

Actually modern house garages are bigger than you think, I've got a normal new house, I can even get the RRS in the garage without a problem. Fortunately it's double width, with 2 single doors, whihc means no problems swinging the drivers door wide open.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 70076

Previous poster said:

Actually modern house garages are bigger than you think, I've got a normal new house, I can even get the RRS in the garage without a problem. Fortunately it's double width, with 2 single doors, whihc means no problems swinging the drivers door wide open.
Normal House,

That will be the only normal thing in your life the Rob :wink:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 70084

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Speed Freak on 16 August 2006

Previous poster said:

Normal House,

That will be the only normal thing in your life the Rob :wink:

I'm not really sure how to take that :?

Think I'll go for a blast round Sandhurst tonite, I'll be the one with the loudish car looking for a party to crash!!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 70089

Previous poster said:

...I guess I could knock through into my lounge to make it easier :D

Migration info. Legacy thread was 70095

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by So Poo on 16 August 2006

Previous poster said:

Previous poster said:

Previous poster said:

DOH! You lot (shakes head)...

If you open the window first when getting into or out of your car in a narrow gap, it means you haven't got to squeeze through the gap between the top of the window (which usually bows in slightly) and the roof/b pillar... try it next time you are parked in a tight spot. My BMW 3 series coupe has a function on the key which allows one to drop the drivers window remotely for this very purpose.

Of course, it only works in cars with frameless doors.

If however you prefer to leap through the window Duke-style, that is up to you. Again, please ensure the window is open first...

Migration info. Legacy thread was 70179

postamble();
Hi, just took delivery of C4S this weekend - as someone else has said length isn't a problem, but the width is tight. I'm lucky once I am through the door I have double width garage - but I have 2 Single up and over doors - they are 5 inches wider on each side than the car.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 70197

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
golfguy11800
Back