Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

996 back from OPC service

Jay T

Barcelona
Just come back from a couple of weeks in Scotland, and picked up my car from Bristol OPC. Had to leave it with them whilst I was away as they had quite a lot to do.

I have a Porsche warranty, but was still shocked at the amount I had to pay. Have a guess at how much I eventually had to cough up for this little lot :

Alarm siren not working - Replace alarm siren and carry out tilt sensor modification.

N/S/F AC condensor leaking - Remove front bumper and replace condensor.

Centre radiator leaking - Replace centre radiator. Refill and bleed cooling system.

Engine oil cooler leaking - Replace engine oil cooler.

Tiptronic oil cooler leaking - Replace transmision tiptronic oil cooler.

Water pump leaking - Replace water pump.

RMS leaking - Replace RMS.

Power steering return pipe crimped union split - Remove power steering rack. Repace power steering return hose.

Number 4,5 and 6 spark plug tube seals leaking - Replace seals.

N/S and O/S front radiators leaking - Replace both radiators.

Rear indicator bulbs going white - Replace bulbs.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 69738

Total bill £4500

Deduct warranty items and I reckon you paid £1850

Migration info. Legacy thread was 69741

£950 !!

Dan

Migration info. Legacy thread was 69752

£40 for the rear indicator bulb?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 69753

3k work, you paid £500?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 69755

Well standard service should be around 750. Not much there that "shouldn't" be covered by warranty I think. So using Porsche normal charging :

Service :- 750

New rear Bulbs :- 2@ 125 = £250

Labour for same :- 4hrs@ 100 = £400

Clean out old rads with vaccum :- 1hr@ 100 = £100

So £1500 I reckon.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 69756

The actual service was carried out prior to this lot, and charged @ about £250 (inc break fluid change). Minor annual service (no oil change) as I do very few miles. I'll do the expensive one next year.

From all of the items on my previous list - Total work about 3.5K, paid £28 (replace 2 rear bulbs).

Warren, spot on with the bulbs. Rob, spot on re. the warranty items, though as we know, there has been some squirming around by OPCs regarding these in the past.

Needless to say I have already extended my warranty for another year. Esp. since it had already saved me a grand with a previous variocam issue.

All of the faults were diagnosed during an end of warranty check and carried out with zero fuss. The only symptom I'd noticed was a slight drop in coolant level. Must have been minor leaks as there were certainly no puddles on the garage floor!

Very impressed with Bristol OPC, though slightly concerned that my car had so many problems.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 69764

So there was no issues with them replacing the radiators? I have heard of some getting them done and others having to pay for them??

Migration info. Legacy thread was 69766

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Philip1972 on 14 August 2006

So there was no issues with them replacing the radiators? I have heard of some getting them done and others having to pay for them??
Don't let Daz hear you say that !!

Dan

Migration info. Legacy thread was 69770

I think Daz managed to sort that one out, though he did have quite a time of it.

The OPCs have a warranty parts list. It seams that if the required part is listed then it is covered as far as the Bristol OPC are concerned.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 69771

I think I caught Cardiff OPC at a bad time, they had just lost the wtty administrator, and I had to polietly fight my corner, and the radiators were replaced, though I still use a little coolant.

Well done Jay, glad to see it all went well for you.

I have had about £2k of wtty work done in the last year, so the wtty has paid for itself.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 69773

One question Jay, why did you have to have a pre wtty renewal check?

I thought it could be just renewed provided the car had been serviced properly?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 69774

Ah thats a pleasant surprise, i read your surprise at how much you had to pay as a negative one!

Glad to see Daz was just isolated case. I have had over 2ks worth of work done under warranty no probs too. And thats at both WL and Hatfield.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 69778

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Steamy
Back