Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Buying a 996 cabriolet

S44NJJ

Hi all,

I am new here and needed some advice...i just looked at a 911 cabrio on a 2001 plate with fsh, 6 month warranty left with 47 on the clock, the owner current owner has only had this car 6 months and is the 4th owner. the car has a few scuff on the bumper and it seems the hard top has been dropped on the side of the car whcih has been sprayed but not a A1 job. other then that the car is fine - took a sprayer with me who can tell all panel damage etc ( i trust as hes a good mate of mine) the guy had an hpi done on it when he got it 6 months ago. Can some one give me average prices for the work to be done and also whether i should have a PPI/AA/RAC check done?

Thanks in advance.

Sanjay

Migration info. Legacy thread was 68631

opps sorry its a C4 manual with PSM by the way...

Migration info. Legacy thread was 68632

I'd find a decent one...

Migration info. Legacy thread was 68655

Please explain? sorry but im new to 911's

i always assume slight bodywork on a car a few years old is going to be scuffed, for a 5 year old car mileage is not high.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 68660

Any body work damage on a 911, make sure it's done well with Porsche Warrenty which needs yrly inspection to maintain. If it's done well then not a problem, but if it's not, then it can seriously devalue it.

Anyhow, you ought to have the car PPI by Porsche garage or someone who knows Porsche before you decide to buy.

BTW, don't skimp on a HPI, re-check it anyway!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 68667

respray on the front bumper (because of stone chips) or the hood are OK but anything else, wouldn't bother touching it - there are plenty of other Porkies in the sty so to speak yaar!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 68669

Thanks alot for your help guys!

i think i will steer clear of this one then as the hardtop drops on the side of th car has not been done by porsche warranty and the bumper is not cracked but has paint crack near the number plate.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 68673

Plenty to go wrong with a high-performance car like a 996, and especially one that's a few years old. You want FSH with OPCs and/or well known indies, and to be sure that a) nothing big is about to go wrong and b) that it hasn't been abused.

If you're forking out a sizeable wad of mazuma you need to make sure you're getting best VFM. So take your time buying, do lots of research, view lots of cars, be choosy (reject iffy motors that don't come up to scratch) and get a good PPI.

Cars that seem to have been owned by 'don't care' drivers (scuffs, scratches, bits that don't work as they should) - leave them well alone.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 68680

It's true enough- there are plenty about, so no need to buy one that is less than ideal (unless it is reflected in the price).

Good luck with the hunting!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 68686

Thanks for your invaluable responses..!!

i will keep looking and no doubt ask a few more questions to you guys on my journey!!!

Sanjay

Migration info. Legacy thread was 68790

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclassicauto
Back