Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

930 steering problems

tony bostock

I have recentley encountered the following, whilst driving my 911 on a roundabout the steering locked in apostion so that i could not turn the wheel in the direction i wanted to go sent me across three lanes, came to a standstill pushed the steering whellside to side it release.

Ask for advice suggested fix was to remove steering lock plunger.......this was removed fault happended again 90 miles later. Very strange very scary......next component is steering universal joint

Any thoughts, ideas much appreciated?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 67728

Just the obvious really - have it trailered to a Porsche independant so it can be investigated before you kill yourself!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 67732

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Stevo on 27 July 2006

Just the obvious really - have it trailered to a Porsche independant so it can be investigated before you kill yourself!
seconded !!!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 67753

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
993gtnut
Back