Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

stereo problem

richardofengland

I have the CDR22 which this morning seemed to be stuck showing just porsche. after attempting to turn it on the screen has gone blank and I have no stereo at all.

Just put car away and noticed that the background light is still on. anyone had any issues like this or recommend somewhere to have it looked at near heathrow / slough.

thanks

Rich

Migration info. Legacy thread was 66832

worth using the stereo keys (if you have them) but easy to source to initially pull out the unit to check the wiring, etc

Migration info. Legacy thread was 66833

Stereo keys can be got on ebay for £3.

Try pulling it out and re-connecting.

Failing that, could be the front removable panel that is causing problems. I have seen that before. Take the panel off and put it back on nice and securely.

Failing that... get Auto Audio (chiswick) to inspect it for you (£15 inspection charge I think).

Is it worth repairing? I just put an order in for a Becker Grand Prix which looks almost identical to the CDR-22 but has better features, bluetooth, and can take the Becker Ipod adapter. Getting it fitted by
www.wecanfitit.co.uk
- the only people on this planet who don't rip you off when it comes to fitting car stereo stuff.

Good luck,

Josh

Migration info. Legacy thread was 66855

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
993gtnut
Back