Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Clutch going

Rodders

started to notice some clutch slip more frequently now,so suppose i better bite the bullet and get it fixed

anyone from up here in Jockland used Brian Millar,heard good reviews about him from a good friend of mine who used him for a clutch replacement recently......he's well impressed and is quite a discerning chap too btw..........tho can't remember if there has been some negatives from forum users on here or not about using Brian,the local OPC reckon about £1500 + £500 if it needs a new flywheel

any help appreaciated...........especially from William :wink:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 66795

Hard Lines rodders,

If the flywheel has gone, suggest get a LW RS one, worth the money big time.

Regards

Migration info. Legacy thread was 66796

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Speed Freak on 15 July 2006

Hard Lines rodders,

If the flywheel has gone, suggest get a LW RS one, worth the money big time.

Regards
Rodders

I'd pay the extra and go the light weight RS route - obtainable from Gert I believe. The car will then be more responsive on and off the throttle and will give noticeable acceleration performance - but will require chipping to get the best from the upgrade and to stop the engine stalling at idle. 8)

Jo

Migration info. Legacy thread was 66803

I've heard the LWF stalling issue is more of a problem with pre-vario 993s - is this true?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 66810

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by 993_2S on 15 July 2006

I've heard the LWF stalling issue is more of a problem with pre-vario 993s - is this true?
Stalling issues are certainly a problem for US cars after 95 due to OBD II being introduced and hence the use of a more complex ECU. However, as the ROW cars only have OBD I, the stalling issue is easier to overcome by re-chipping.

Probably the best people to speak to regarding this are JZ Machtech - who have a diagnotic web forum - and of course, the experience.

Jo

Migration info. Legacy thread was 66812

Rodders,

If it was up to me I would use Motortune in Shotts which is not that much further for you to travel. Peter who runs the garage is a real 993 lover and has always provided me with excellent service. I have recommended him to a number of people who now all use him and have nothing but praise.

With regards the replacement of the clutch, it is a resonal decision on whether you want to go the lightweight route, have heard mainly good reports, but one or two people have complained about extra noise and stalling issues. Cost should be about £1000 and get any seals done when the engine is out.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 66826

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
911tt1
Back