Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

GT3 OR 993RS

dick jones

GT3 mk1 or 993RS, which one would you have as a weekend car and occasional track day car.

Dick

Migration info. Legacy thread was 66601

993RS............purely on looks alone

Migration info. Legacy thread was 66602

a fully manthey tuned GT3...oem spec is very good but not epic

Migration info. Legacy thread was 66603

For looks-993RS

For performance-GT3

To feel special-993RS (debatable)

Depreciation proof-993RS

Rarity-993RS

Driving pleasure-993RS (debatable)

Noise-993RS

Best of everything-993RS with 9M heads

Migration info. Legacy thread was 66605

Oooooh 9M heads, theres a thought. What a beast that would be.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 66607

There was a trackday today at Brands Hatch on the GP circuit. Among the Radicals, E30 M3's and Caterhams (and a DB9) there were 5 or 6 GT3RS (2 Parr cars), two 996 GT3(mk1) and one 993RS. The 993 certainly held it's own amongst the 996's and sounded great too. The GT3RS is very impressive on the circuit but it would be the 993 for me any time...

Migration info. Legacy thread was 66628

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Martin Rose on 13 July 2006
The 993 certainly held it's own amongst the 996's and sounded great too.

Please define...!

Let's get real guys, the 993RS is a nice car, but it can't hold a candle against a GT3 or GT3RS in terms of performance. On circuit, the 993RS is relatively slow compared to the GT3 on the straights and through the corners - and that's with a bus driver like me at the wheel. The 993RS looks great and it sounds fab as well, but apart from that it really is just an emotional choice...

Migration info. Legacy thread was 66630

I'm sure on a fast circuit such as Bedford or Silverstone, the GT3/RS will no doubt leave the 993RS for dust. However on a circuit with little straight and lots of twisty bits such as Oulton, the 993RS can probably just about keep up. But a 993RS with 9M heads + bits, well that's another story!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 66631

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by oceancarrera on 13 July 2006

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Martin Rose on 13 July 2006

The 993 certainly held it's own amongst the 996's and sounded great too.
Please define...!Let's get real guys, the 993RS is a nice car, but it can't hold a candle against a GT3 or GT3RS in terms of performance. On circuit, the 993RS is relatively slow compared to the GT3 on the straights and through the corners - and that's with a bus driver like me at the wheel. The 993RS looks great and it sounds fab as well, but apart from that it really is just an emotional choice...

look at all the extra aero's on the 996 !

if you all those tricks on the 993 :wink:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 66636

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Sundeep on 13 July 2006
a fully manthey tuned GT3...oem spec is very good but not epic

......erghhh wot.....as standard OEM spec what do you consider to be epic?

Straight out of the factory the only thing faster is a Turbo or GT2. And I don't want to get into a PH argument over which is better.

If we're talking tuned or tweaked that opens a whole new can of worms.

Anyway a standard GT3 Mk1 or 2 is more than most can handle proficiently anyway. Which is why I never get out of 3rd gear even down Hanger Straight & why anybody with half a clue how to drive laps me on most circuits. :oops:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 66638

Hmmmm...GT3 or 993RS...?

I'll take one of each...both awesome cars..best of breed and both porkers, lets be proud and not as Rob says get in to the whole mines bigger than your deabte. We'd all take either in a flash lets be honest... :D :lol:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 66642

OK, so my choice would be a 993RS based on looks, rarity, nil depreciation ?, and it being slightly cheaper in lhd guise and don't get me wrong I would love a GT3.

And to take it one step further based on performance and lesser cost would a well sorted standard carrera 2 ( exclude 9m bits) be far behind the RS.

Dick

Migration info. Legacy thread was 66644

With the same driver the RS would be slightly ahead but not by miles on the road. It has better suspension (harder) and more powerful 3.8l engine as well as being lighter. The difference become a lot more obvious on a track.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 66650

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back