Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

996 C4 manual

Nitrous

Silverstone
I am ready to buy my next 911 now my Insurance has finally paid out after the theft ansd crash of my old 996. Quite fancy a '99 996 C4 manual in black with aero kit which is up for sale near me.

Problem is, it has had it's RMS replaced 600 miles ago and I'd like to understand what the chances are that this will fail again. The car has done 71K miles and is mint.

Any input from you people much appreciated.

Martin

Migration info. Legacy thread was 66126

Martin Pleased you have got the Insurance all sorted out. Are the police prosecuting the little (insert appropriate word) or are they going to send him on safari instead.

From what I have heard the 7th version of the RMS (the most current one) is very good and should give no further problems. however I am sure someone with much more technical knowledge than myself will be along shortly to advise.

Glad your experience has not put you off Porsche ownership

Migration info. Legacy thread was 66127

Unless it had the 7th generation RMS fitted it could fail again. This latest seal apparantly fixes it once and for all. Would recommend getting a Porsche warranty on it anyway, so RMS would be covered...

Edited to say Beaten to it by Dave!!!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 66128

That sounds like good news to me. And the car has the transferable Porsche warranty on it!!!!

No safari yet for the little sh*te - he will appear in court on the 20th of this month.

Thank you, Martin

Migration info. Legacy thread was 66129

Glad to hear you will be back on the road soon! If it was recent it should be the 7th RMS, so that should be sorted. Still it can be put on warranty for a few more years, so reasonably safe there.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 66131

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Nitrous on 10 July 2006

That sounds like good news to me. And the car has the transferable Porsche warranty on it!!!!

No safari yet for the little sh*te - he will appear in court on the 20th of this month.

Thank you, Martin
Am interested in finding out how much the courts think it is acceptable to break into someones house, steal keys of homeowners pride and joy and then smash it to pieces. Hopefully we will all have a little more faith in the judicial system after the 20th. Then again....maybe not :evil:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 66141

Any news Martin?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 67211

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stulees65
Back