Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Which Tyre Manufacturer

neil barber

Afternoon people, great site...

Recently joined the gang with a 99 996 c2 manual (love it to bits, allthough your recent forum chats about complete engine failure are a bit worrying to say the least!)

Currently running P Zero Rossos, but will need replacing soon. I wondered if anybody had a view on whether to switch to Contis etc or stick with Pirelli?

(18" Turbo rims)

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Migration info. Legacy thread was 65813

Neil,

I'm currently running Pirelli's but am getting Conti's fitted next weekend as Pirelli have stopped making mine.

Will let you know how I get on

Toby

Migration info. Legacy thread was 65815

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by neil barber on 07 July 2006

Afternoon people, great site...

Recently joined the gang with a 99 996 c2 manual (love it to bits, allthough your recent forum chats about complete engine failure are a bit worrying to say the least!)

Currently running P Zero Rossos, but will need replacing soon. I wondered if anybody had a view on whether to switch to Contis etc or stick with Pirelli?

(18" Turbo rims)

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Neil, have been a few threads on this. But I have just moved from Pirelli's to Contis (also 18s) and am really happy. The ride is a lot less skitish (doesn't pull half as much) and a little quiter.

General opinion says they are not as good in the wet, but I haven't really noticed a difference.

Basically give them a try, I was told that I will get more miles out of the Conti's but no idea if this will turn out to be true!

Out of interest have you considered the Michelins?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 65818

Neil, I too have just moved from pzero's to Contisports. I'm in full agreement with mr poo above. They seem more assured and definitely quieter. I think they also have greatr longevity. My experience in the wet with my old 964 and 993 was that they were very competent and confident

Migration info. Legacy thread was 65829

conti's are traditionally quieter and longer lasting from their hard compound, a solid perfoirmer, but the likes of Michelin & Bridgestone have better handling and performance tyres from their softer compounds

Migration info. Legacy thread was 65855

I am going to try Michelins next, hope to get a few more miles out of the Conti's though.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 65863

michelin are good tyres, very recommended brand

Migration info. Legacy thread was 65869

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stulees65
Back