Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

sorry...just a rattle...

db

hi...

an apologetic title to my first post here....picked up my 996 C4S 3 weeks ago now and lovin it....aprt from the rattle in the rear interior...RATTLES DO MY HEAD IN!! I had a 1967 911S once and made sure that it didnt have one erroneous sqeak...and i am determined to track this one down....right now my closest guess is it is something to do with the rear passenger seat belt mount/shrowd....but im not wholey convinced. Ive been in the back and checked most of the panels and plastic elements but im lost as to a definte cause...

as a general point, do all the 996's suffer from rattly/squeak bits of interior...especially those with the firmer ride/suspension (C4S, Turbo/GT3 etc)....thanks.....

cheers for any responses

Migration info. Legacy thread was 65106

I also have a similar rattle, have just learned to live with it, if I have a passenger with me it doesnt happen, though the sunroof rattles all the time, guess it is a fact of life with the suspention.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 65113

I drive a cab, so yes there are a few rattles - especially on the B roads! I have found a can of silicone spray has stoped the squeaks though.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 65120

Not too many rattles in my cab, apart from the passenger air vent sounding like castanets whenever I hit a B road. Oh and the sound of my paintwork being rubbed away at the rear when I used the hardtop last winter :eek:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 65125

cheers for these.....funnily enough Jay T my passenger air vent rattles a bit too (I forgot to mention that on the first post....

if i discover the cause i'll pass on the good news....cheers guys

Migration info. Legacy thread was 65177

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mkrt1972
Back