Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Elephant any good?

Jay T

Barcelona
Its Insurance renewal time again, and although my current insurer has been good over the past year, they are £200 more expensive than the quote I just got from Elephant. My excess is also £500 currently, whereas the Elephant one is only £250.

Has anyone here had any significant dealings with Elephant?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 64550

They do the GT3 & RRS for me, no probs or hassles. They seem to be quick in terms of adding drivers, changing plates. No long waits on the phone. They seem a bit picky on mods or changes.

On the GT3 were £400 less than nearest other quote, no tracker, reasonable excesses. Let me mirror NCB's on the cars.

No complaints at all

Migration info. Legacy thread was 64554

Thanks Rob. They do seem to be able to beat every other quote I've been given so far.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 64561

Seem to recall Hendo's with them too, without any problems.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 64563

used them a few years back, price was good on 1st year but no so on the renewal

it was cheaper but I was concerned that if I did have to claim what the actual service would have been like, thankfully it never came to that....

but nowdays I have a NU policy with a track day options, which internrt shops don't do....

Migration info. Legacy thread was 64573

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Jay T on 26 June 2006

Its Insurance renewal time again, and although my current insurer has been good over the past year, they are £200 more expensive than the quote I just got from Elephant. My excess is also £500 currently, whereas the Elephant one is only £250.

Has anyone here had any significant dealings with Elephant?
See if your current insurer can match the quote, or at least get close. Worth sticking with them even if they are bit more, just so you haven't got to fill in all the silly forms, photocopies, etc yawn.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 64672

A perfect example of a company that I would not use because of their advertising :evil:
; I'd happily take a baseball bat to the dancing elephant, let alone the twat with a microphone that used to be in the original ads.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 64676

As Sundeep has mentioned, they are good on 1st year, but not so good on renewals.
I also had a no-fault accident while covered with them (Pizza delivery motorbike ran into the back of the car while at traffic lights - he was racing another delivery guy from the same company and ran out of space).
Took a year to get my excess back as their recovery agency isn't the quickest.
Because of this initial renewal quote was huge even though I had protected no-claims bonus. Even after they recovered the money the quote was higher than Priviledge.

Nik.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 64677

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Richard Eff on 27 June 2006

A perfect example of a company that I would not use because of their advertising :evil:
; I'd happily take a baseball bat to the dancing elephant, let alone the twat with a microphone that used to be in the original ads.
:lol:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 64683

Elephant are part of the Admiral group - so Admiral, Bell Direct and Elephant are all the same company. Last year I was with Bell, but my renewal last month was £200 more than last year, with no claims made! When I asked them while I was told last year was a bad year for claims, so all policies have gone up.

When I shopped around the best quote I got was through Elephant - saving me £270 over Bell!!! How crazy is that?! I also rang a company called A-Plan - they are currently advertising on the PH Porsche forum (sticky on the top of the list). They saved me another £65 with even more competitive package (lower excess, higher mileage limit). I've gone with these guys as they convinced me that they are as safe a bet as any large company. Hopefully I won't have to find out...

Migration info. Legacy thread was 64684

It's all just a scam. Had a renewal through in January on the Lotus which frankly was ridiculous compared to what i'm paying on the GT3 & on a very low mileage limit. As the car was off road decided not to renew until I got round to putting it back on road which i did last week. Went onto same companies website & got a quote which was 20% lower than my renewal. Rang them up to take them up on the new quote & they reduced it a further 15 quid!

Oh well see what the elephants do in September :?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 64704

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Rob J on 26 June 2006

Seem to recall Hendo's with them too, without any problems.
Yep and Yep - cheapest by far. At renewal time though, phone and haggle and dont just accept the renewal price

Migration info. Legacy thread was 64760

Elelphant are always competitive on an initial quote, but I have recently had the misfortune of having to try to make a claim for a non-fault accident through them. In the end I gave up trying and used an Insurance consultant (Europa Consultants - highly recommended) to pursue the claim instead.

Their claims department was next to useless. So as with most things you get what you pay for ! I am due a renewal quote from them next month but don't hold out much hope of it being competitive.

As an aside over the last 12 years or so I have made a few claims through Admiral (Elephant's parent company) and they were all dealt with efficiently even if they did try to rip me off on a pay-out for a write off (I won in the end). I get the impression that since they became a PLC and answerable to their shareholders and under pressure to cut costs etc, the whole group's customer service has gone out of the window.

Jamie

Migration info. Legacy thread was 64761

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DD77
Back