Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

997 TT launch

alan sweeney

Montreal
Hi,

Went to my OPC TT launch or should I say QT launch! Blown away with the technology leap over the 996. The differentation over the 997 C4S is significant when compared to the 996 C4S to the Turbo.

They are certainly making the Turbo a very special car. The fact there will be no lag as a consequence of each turbo unit having the twin sized blade technologyappeals to me. The PTM viscous coupling is a significant technological leap for the marque. No wheel spin.

The hospitality was excellent and hope to get a drive soon. Looks like it could be a real winner. On my wish list.

Alan.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 64417

It's on my wish list too!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 64421

Compared to other GT cars the new 997 TT is a bargain!!!!

...rob

Migration info. Legacy thread was 64423

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by 911Silverback on 25 June 2006

Compared to other GT cars the new 997 TT is a bargain!!!!

...rob
Compared with a house - probably not so much of a bargain! :wink:

I still want one though.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 64432

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by alan sweeney on 25 June 2006

The PTM viscous coupling is a significant technological leap for the marque. No wheel spin.
Ahh the PTM, this is what makes the 5 speed auto quicker than the 6speed manual. On standing starts, PTM preloads the (auto?)multi-clutch with the max front axle torque of some 258lb/ft hence giving it the 0.2 sec advantage over the manual.

my 2p worth of knowledge.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 64490

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Kumaresh on 25 June 2006

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by alan sweeney on 25 June 2006

The PTM viscous coupling is a significant technological leap for the marque. No wheel spin.
Ahh the PTM, this is what makes the 5 speed auto quicker than the 6speed manual. On standing starts, PTM preloads the (auto?)multi-clutch with the max front axle torque of some 258lb/ft hence giving it the 0.2 sec advantage over the manual.

my 2p worth of knowledge.
So it's not driver skill then! :wink:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 64503

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biel
Back