Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Tracker/alarm

Superunknown

Hey all,

I have aquired a '91 964 c2 and everything seems dandy. However, and theres always a however, I have a few problems/queries.

Oil level gauge is off the scale when engine on, i guess its the level sender in the arch. Any idea how much this part costs?

There doesnt seem to be a distributor ventilation kit added. Was this a factory recall??

The car has standard alarm fitted. Activates when car locked. Is this cat 2 system?

Apparently there is a tracker fitted but I have no Documents to support this. Is there a way to find out if it does actually have a tracker fitted??

Thanks in anticipation!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 63905

If the oil level guage is off the top of the scale (ie goes straight up to the top when the ignition is turned on and stays there) then its most likely the sender.

No the vent kit was not a factory recall. Fitted to 93 cars onwards but very easy to retro fit. Best to replace the twin dizzy belt at the same time because you don't know how near it is to failing.

I think the factory immobiliser is Cat 2 sort of but of course Thatcham standards didn't exist until 93 so any alarms/immobilisers for cars before that can't technically be category anything.

Sorry can't help with the tracker.

Ian.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 63908

The Porsche PA1000 and PA2000 fitted to 993s are listed as CAT 1. The Porsche Immobiliser for 964 93 onwards is listed as CAT 2. No categorisation for Porsches before that :-(
Thatcham have their own website which lists approved alarms (www.thatcham.org)

Migration info. Legacy thread was 63911

Tracker's phone number is 01895 234567

Migration info. Legacy thread was 63920

When I got my car I phoned Tracker up, gave them the reg no. and parted with £120. Simple as that.

Still don't know if I have one though :?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 63932

Thanks all, much appreciated!

With regards to the tracker, can they do some sort of test to switch it on/off or something?

Cheers!

UPDATE: Phoned Tracker but my car not on the system. If another tracking company fitted one how on earth would i find out which company it was??

Migration info. Legacy thread was 63960

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
993gtnut
Back