Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Whats that switch for

Stuart Dale

I am new to this - forgive me.

There is a rocker switch on the left side of the driver's footwell of my 964 C2 tiptronic.

What does it do - I can't find it in the handbook and don't want to switch until I know what is going to happen

Any ideas

Migration info. Legacy thread was 63870

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Stuart Dale on 19 June 2006

I am new to this - forgive me.There is a rocker switch on the left side of the driver's footwell of my 964 C2 tiptronic.What does it do - I can't find it in the handbook and don't want to switch until I know what is going to happen Any ideas
Don't be a poof, give it push :D
It will probably raise/lower your spoiler.

PS. I accept no responsibility for bits falling off your car as a result of pushing this button.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 63872

Nope, I have found the spoiler switch.

Anyway, I did push it with the car switched off [nothing happened] but didn't want to look stupid in case anyone said "Its for the dangleflip - make sure you don't switch it with the engine off!!"

How am I supposed to know? These cars are crazy you have to dip the oil with the engine running and hot!!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 63873

Is it a targa - they have a switch to disable the internal sensors on the alarm, is about there!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 63884

No mine's a coupe

This is not my car [and it's a manual whereas mine is tip.] but I can see the same switch on this photo I have lifted from the web

/images/migration/UploadedForumImages/switch(1).jpg

Thanks

Migration info. Legacy thread was 63887

No idea then

Migration info. Legacy thread was 63890

I have one as well! (Dont know what it does either). Tried switching it with engine on and off but it doesnt seem to do anything!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 63901

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Superunknown on 19 June 2006

I have one as well! (Dont know what it does either). Tried switching it with engine on and off but it doesnt seem to do anything!
This is all very exciting - I wish I had swithches like this! :wink:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 63903

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Lee Bollom on 19 June 2006
maybe its the ejector seat?

I wondered where the mrs had gone!!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 63904

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by So Poo on 19 June 2006

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Superunknown on 19 June 2006

This is all very exciting - I wish I had swithches like this! :wink:

Chris I couldn't resist the urge to go and see if I had one. And guess what????

I haven't :(

Migration info. Legacy thread was 63906

Relax, sit down in a dark room and try to stay calm - we'll let you know if we ever find out what it does.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 63907

Stu.

I am 99% sure it is used to disable the ultrasonic interior sensors on the alarm thereby allowing you to alarm the car with say windows left open or sunroof left open.

Ian.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 63937

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spider69
Back