Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Clutch

Dave

Portimao
When pulling away last night the clutch suddenly seemed to jerk and I stalled the car. The clutch now seems very very light. It is not slipping at all even when being driven hard.

Am i right in thinking that a new clutch is imminent?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 63609

Live with it Dave,

The judder is clutch wear, could be a flat spot on the Flywheel.

If it aint fouling the gears or slipping, live with it till it does.

Mine was the same at 14k miles, and has detoriated maybe by 10% in the last 11k miles, and that includes 4 track days.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 63611

I didn't think you used your clutch on track days. I thought you just smashed the gears in :twisted:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 63612

Dave, normally the clutch gets heavier as it wears which you probably don't notice as it deteriorates over time. When I had the new clutch in mine, I couldn't believe how light it was.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 63698

I'm glad I don't have to worry about them!

I was on the hill approaching Stow on Sunday (1 in 6-8) and the bloke int he C4S cab was burning his clutch to bits. It smelt so bad. He was having to rev the ass off it to get it to move - I almost felt guilty being in a tip! :twisted:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 63717

"When pulling away last night the clutch suddenly seemed to jerk and I stalled the car. The clutch now seems very very light. It is not slipping at all even when being driven hard"

maybe after some practice you won't stall your car.....

and have you checked whether the carpet was caught before and now the clutch pedal has freed itself...

of course I'm being flippant.

As long as it works OK, if it feels light, then that's good, isn't it?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 63820

As previously said, it is when it gets heavy that problems are afoot. Also stalling in reverse is a sign that the clutch is on the way out.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 63827

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by DaveK on 15 June 2006

and I stalled the car.
At your age you think you'd have learned how to use the clutch :wink:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 63831

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevemias