Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

fraud: 911 parts sales scams on ebay!

Matthew Clunk

Trainee

Beware of ebay item no.

8072455875 - Porsche 911 964 993 996 Blk Hard Back Sport Seats Heated £800

I finally got to the bottom of it last night, and it was very cleverly done (even after I queried the fact that the guy lived in Orkney and that his account had no past history). To 'reassure' potential off-line buyers he'll then send you an authentic looking Safe Purchases page perporting to be from ebay Except: the Paypal link is substituted with a Western Union Money order link. Ebay state not to use Western Union as there is no come back on it. The address and identity he gave turned out to be stolen, although at the moment the seller goes by the name George Conner and ebay alias:
[email protected]
I recommend noone gets involved for sake of having your identity stolen at least. I feel a real fool over nearly getting drawn in and parting with £800 - but could have been worse (although I did give him my address and obviously he knows I've got a 911 there - but I believe the original of his activity to be somewhere for continental Africa or Asia judging by the language exchanged).

Its a sorry state of affairs but it appears someone is out there actively trying to defraud buyers of 911 parts. (ebay have been informed and will be shutting this account down today - however, I've no doubt he'll spring up again within a few hourss with a new alias so be warned & beware)

Migration info. Legacy thread was 62790

Thanks Matthew - gotta keep these scumbags at (e)bay.............

Migration info. Legacy thread was 62803

the old tale if somethings too good to be true.... 800 for sports seats!

you know the rest

Migration info. Legacy thread was 62837

Just in time for some lucky punter...

Migration info. Legacy thread was 63039

Oh yes, it's more than the Paypal guarentee.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 63043

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mapp
Back