Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

996 import

Redz

Hi people I am just about to buy my first porsche 911 and cannot wait to be part of your gang.

But the seller has just informed me that the car was imported by a speclist dealer, its a 911 c2/cab/trip on a 03 plate, C25 ? what is the C25 ? I have HPI checked the car and all is ok but im not sure what this C25 stands for any ideas

the only fault i can find is where the phone sim card pops into the dash the slot will not stay closed, the seller reckons its only a spring that needs replacing, any thoughts

Thanks Robert

Migration info. Legacy thread was 62752

Welcome Redz

Don't know about the sim card but there was a post on here a few months back about it and I don't think it was a cheap fix - thy the search function.

The C25 indicates the country it was made for - UK is C16. I'm sure someone will jump in and say where it was. A non UK car will always cost less and be harder to shift than a UK one.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 62755

i bought an imported 996 a couple of months ago (from Japan originally but right hand drive.

i agree with Seagull, it will take longer to sell.

but apart from that I can't complain, the dealers and independants don't care if its an import or not, makes no difference to my Insurance (elephant didn't mind it being an import at all).

Plus the car I bought was about £6k less than the similar UK car, yes they're worth less but the depreciation gap should narrow over time as people will be more often buying on condition rather than where it came from.

I picked up my 98 c2 with gt3 wheels 25k miles, blue leather for £24,700! a bargain.

i would seriously question the price you're about to pay for your car, since if you didn't know it was an import then you probably were comparing prices against UK cars.

regards

Lee

Migration info. Legacy thread was 62814

Are you sure it is C25?

Here is the country code list (from an Adrian Streather list circa 2004)

C00 Germany
C02 Rest of USA (in 1991 became all of USA)
C03 California
C04 Puerto Rico
C05 France
C06 French colonies
C07 Italy
C08 Japan (LHD)
C09 Sweden
C10 Switzerland
C11 Austria
C12 Denmark
C13 Finland
C14 Taiwan
C15 Hong Kong
C16 England
C17 British service personnel stationed in Germany
C18 Japan (RHD)
C19 Luxemburg
C20 Holland
C21 Norway
C22 Belgium
C23 Australia
C24 New Zealand
C26 South Africa
C27 Spain
C28 Greece
C31 Saudi Arabia
C32 Arab Gulf States
C36 Canada
C69 France (pre-1986)
C72 Switzerland (pre 1986)
C99 Special

If it is C25 it must be an unusual country as it's not on the list above.

Ian.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 62899

Welcome Redz,

Sorry I cant help but can you tell me did you get a really good price on the car?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 62902

Oops posted in the wrong forum, so copied it here!

the only fault i can find is where the phone sim card pops into the dash the slot will not stay closed, the seller reckons its only a spring that needs replacing, any thoughts

Now I'm only a new boy here but............... I just bought a C4S and it had exactly the same problem - the dealer told me that to repair the sim slot the whole PCM had to be replaced at a cost of about £1k!!! I have absolutely no reason to doubt the dealer as he was totally honest about everything else. When I collected the car sure enough a new PCM screen etc was in place. May be worth doing a little more checking with the guys here (they know a lot more than I do) before you part with your ££££££'s. Just my experience that may help.

Regards

Bry (ex E39 M5 now 996 C4S and a very silly grin :D )

Migration info. Legacy thread was 62955

If C25 is half way between C24 (New Zealand) and C26 (South Africa) it must be somewhere around Argentina - depending on if you're goingWest or East :p

Migration info. Legacy thread was 62967

Unless he means C2S??? Carrera 2 S sometimes we assume knowledge......

Redz Apologies if Im wrong........

Migration info. Legacy thread was 63093

The coutry code is in the VIN anyway - so just check that. (Well I think it is anyway)

Migration info. Legacy thread was 63140

Hi... i think i looked at same car... black/black... 13k miles ?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 63631

C25 = Cyprus, so car will have been specified with less under sealant than C16 UK cars. You should be paying £less for non UK car which as others have mentioned will be harder to shift on later.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 63636

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
3sp1f8
Back