Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

fuel gauge 996 C4S

Tiptronic

Banned
When I fill my car with petrol the gauge works fine all the way to the orange warning light.

Sometimes I just want to stick £20 in, so that I can keep the weight down :wink:

When I stick £20 in an empty fuel tank, the needle just doesnt move off empty and the orange light remains on.

I have tried driving for 50 miles in the hope that the sendor works, and it just doesnt.

I cant really understan this problem, because if the gauge/sender were faulty surely they wouldnt work from a full tank to an empty tank.

Anyone else got this problem

Daz

Migration info. Legacy thread was 60304

Defo something amiss there. 20 quid should at least get you up a notch or so on the guage. Either that or you're using some right fancy/expensive fuel.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 60315

no just regular unleaded,

I can live with it, just wondering if anyone else has similar problem

Daz

Migration info. Legacy thread was 60317

you car is teling you to stop being a tight arse and to fill her up with all that jungle juice ! :wink:

although maybe sid spanner aka malik may know.....

Migration info. Legacy thread was 60318

Sometimes £20 is enough, the weight not the money :wink:

It is either that or lose 3 stone :wink:

And have been going to the gym for 7 months trying to shed the weight, and so far have lost only inches no weight :?

I do this in the hope of posting better lap times :wink:

Daz

Migration info. Legacy thread was 60322

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Speed Freak on 22 May 2006

Sometimes £20 is enough, the weight not the money :wink:
It is either that or lose 3 stone :wink:
And have been going to the gym for 7 months trying to shed the weight, and so far have lost only inches no weight :?
I do this in the hope of posting better lap times :wink:
Daz
Ah yes, you've been putting on muscle Daz. At least thats what the gym going fatties I know claim :wink:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 60337

Im hurt I am no fattie, not now anyway, however would still like to lose 2 stone.

However from a standing start of 15.5 stone (6'2" height) and a waist of 39" :eek:
in November I have managed to get

to a waist of 35" and a weight of 14.10 stone, so not bad, though a long way to go.

I think its the larger :evil:

Daz

Migration info. Legacy thread was 60339

Forgot to add one thing,

I now fit in clothes that I havent worn since I was 13 stone :?

Go Figure

Daz

Migration info. Legacy thread was 60342

ooh er, my post seems to have disapeared, so will try again.

I remember a 911 & PW drive in a C4s and they stated the same problem, it was either Tipler or Peter Morgan. They put some petrol in to test the gauge or orange light never went out. Turned out to be a design feature that meant you had to put quite a bit in before the light went out.

Mark.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 60348

That's some good progress Daz. 14 stone sounds pretty good for 6'2".

This weight loss thing seems quite popular with people I know at the mo. A friend of mine from up North has just been voted slimmer of the month at his local weight watchers group for the third month in a row. He's very proud :wink:
. However he says that most his fellow group members eat lard and drink 24 hours a day, so this is hardly an achievement.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 60350

This is a known issue and i have seen it with my car also.

As ssport says, once you get to the warning stage you need to give it close to a full tank before the sensor is reset. Not sure if thats a intentional feature or not.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 60356

Exactly the same thing happened with me on Sat, nearest petrol pump was Asda so i only put in £25 worth, The needle didnt budge, but then i stopped the car for 10 mins, and when i came back all was ok!!

Was a bit worried at forst and thought perhaps there was a hole in the fuel tank or something.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 60360

Previous poster said:

Forgot to add one thing,I now fit in clothes that I havent worn since I was 13 stone :?
Go FigureDaz
That would account for the dress sense then :eek:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 60362

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Rob J on 22 May 2006

Previous poster said:

Forgot to add one thing,I now fit in clothes that I havent worn since I was 13 stone :?
Go FigureDaz
That would account for the dress sense then :eek:
Are you saying that Daz was this weight back in the late 80's! :wink:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 60374

Previous poster said:

Im hurt I am no fattie, not now anyway, however would still like to lose 2 stone.However from a standing start of 15.5 stone (6'2" height) and a waist of 39" :eek:
in November I have managed to getto a waist of 35" and a weight of 14.10 stone, so not bad, though a long way to go.I think its the larger :evil:
Daz

I am 6'4" and went from 18 Stone down 14.2, found that I had to exercise at least 3 times a week and follow the weight watchers thing. Am back up to 15 at the moment, and finding hard work not to eat.

If I can just get a fourth exercise slot in should drop off quite quickly. To be honest I find around 14.7 is easy to maintain without really worrying about what I eat. I really struggle to get below 14.

From looking at the BMI scale I could get down to 12 stone :eek:
and still be at a safe weith. Might be a bit stick thin though.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 60396

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back