Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Creaking Clutch

Seagull

Gave the car a bit of a run today - about 200 miles - and I noticed that every time I push the clutch padal in or out, there is a creaking sound. It sounds a bit like a rusty spring being stretched.

As I only had the clutch replaced a couple of weeks ago, should I be worried? Have they done something wrong or failed to lubricate something?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 58933

mine was creaky before i had the clutch changed - they replaced the clutch slave cylinder and it no longer creaks...............not sure if this helps you.........

Migration info. Legacy thread was 58958

I also have the same problem, clutch creaks. Creaks more when the cars hot.

I had a brake fluid changed recently and on the C4 993 the fluids are somehow linked ! as they recommend bleeding the clutch after Brake fluid change. Wondering whether could be the reason !

Migration info. Legacy thread was 65400

My mondeo does this, but its the seats creaking as my legs move!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 65427

It's at times like this when I'm glad I have a tip!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 65430

I had these symptoms on my 993 - creaking when hot weather and a large increase in pedal pressure required with a jerky pedal action.
Get a friend to push the pedal and try to locate the source of the noise - if its by the pedal its the cylinder - if its at the rear (gearbox) its possibly the clutch release bearing (thats what mine was - at 20k miles).
I would take it straight back to the people who did the job.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 65450

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back