Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

clutch

vincent white

When i pull away quick the clutch pedal on my car seems to stick half way down and the clutch seems to slip and smells bad is this normal the car had a new clutch and fly wheel a couple of months ago

Migration info. Legacy thread was 58438

as its a hydraulic clutch.......its either the clutch master cylinder or slave cylinder thats problematic..........or its low on fluid

Migration info. Legacy thread was 58439

If you're spinning up the clutch, you'd better start saving those pennies. Better still, try giving it less revs when pulling away so it gets rolling before you nail the throttle - don't forget, you've got massive amounts of grip in those rear tyres with the engine behind them pushing them into the road and traction control. All that power has to go somewhere so it looks for the path of least resistance and if you're not careful, that's the clutch. At £1,100 a time, you learn to be careful

Migration info. Legacy thread was 58443

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Seagull on 10 May 2006

At £1,100 a time, you learn to be careful
Could be worse - it's even more expensive in a 993! :wink:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 58467

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by So Poo on 10 May 2006

Previous poster said:

Says who??

Migration info. Legacy thread was 58485

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by 993_2S on 10 May 2006

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by So Poo on 10 May 2006

Previous poster said:

Says who??

Says me - :(

Migration info. Legacy thread was 58499

I agree with Fuchs. My 993 clutch/fork/RMS cost £1800.

Can you bleed the 996 clutch hydraulic's as air in system would cause a lazy pedal.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 58513

i know it has just had a clutch and fly wheel replaced and i dont hammer the car it has only done it a couple of times when trying to get out on a busy road just doesn't seem right

Migration info. Legacy thread was 58546

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back