Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

GT3 Colour

dick jones

Does the colour of a GT3 have an effect when it comes to selling or p/ex, I recentley posted on the forum my interest in going down the GT3 route in place of my 997 S after test driving one. I am attending Llandow at the end of the month to track my car and to view the the GT3's and hopefully scrounge a jump seat ride in a club sport version and Rob's tart's version :wink:
, along with possibly many questions on the merits of each version, and I hope it will point me in the right direction as to which version I will look at buying.

But back to the original question of colour my favourite is speed yellow and very close second is guards red, would GT3's in these colours be difficult to sell when the time comes or are the silvers etc a better choice, or does it have no effect on the GT3.

Dick

Migration info. Legacy thread was 57546

GT3's will always sell, and IMHO I dont believe the colour makes that much diffrence.

Agreed re Speed Yellow, yummy

DAz

Migration info. Legacy thread was 57552

I'll 2nd Daz on that. It's a different market to the more standard 911's. I would never have considered a red car til I saw my GT3. They just look so right. Personally I think the top 3 colours are Guards, speed yellow & zanzibar. After all the cars not subtle so why have a subtle colour.

Dick you're more than welcome to potter round the track with me.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 57559

Zanzibar is more difficult to shift, but if the price is right, I also think that Blue would be less desirable.

Black, Silver, red and yellow should be no problem, most cars will also be in this colour range.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 57572

Would you all say the same is true for Turbo's? Most of them seem to be silver!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 57579

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by So Poo on 07 May 2006
Would you all say the same is true for Turbo's?  Most of them seem to be silver!

I think it's a different market & I wouldn't buy a guards Turbo. For me Cobalt is the best colour for Turbo's, but it don't work on GT3's.

Actually think it's strange that someone will go buy a new Turbo for 100k then spec it in a "boring" colour cos they're worried about a couple of grand extra depreciation.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 57580

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Rob J on 07 May 2006

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by So Poo on 07 May 2006

Would you all say the same is true for Turbo's? Most of them seem to be silver!
I think it's a different market & I wouldn't buy a guards Turbo. For me Cobalt is the best colour for Turbo's, but it don't work on GT3's.Actually think it's strange that someone will go buy a new Turbo for 100k then spec it in a "boring" colour cos they're worried about a couple of grand extra depreciation.
It's weird that is! But I think I would go for black if it was me, it would be red for the GT3.

As you say - they are different cars.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 57588

speed yellow with black wheels, the best Gt3 colour

Migration info. Legacy thread was 57596

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Sundeep on 07 May 2006
speed yellow with black wheels, the best Gt3 colour
Nice combo....however still looking for a set of red RS wheels to chav up mine :wink:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 57603

both nice combos, however the best is GT3RS with the red wheels and red script on the side.

tis the automotive equivalent of SEX

Daz :D

Migration info. Legacy thread was 57604

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Speed Freak on 07 May 2006
both nice combos, however the best is GT3RS with the red wheels and red script on the side.
tis the automotive equivalent of SEX
Daz :D

was that you approving of a set of red RS wheels for mine :eek:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 57608

I think It probably is,

SirChavalot

Daz :wink:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 57609

Shame they cost about 3k :(

anyone know of any cheap ones out there?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 57613

Rob, why not powder coat your existing ones, would be about £50 per wheel!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 57617

3K - you could buy a car for that!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 57618

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atlas.997
Back