Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Kanckered window....

Philip1972

Hi All- just wound the windows down and there was a trerrible sqeeking sound followed by a crack and the window stopped going down-but the regulator was still moving (albeit gratingly) inside the door :banghead:

So it wont wind the window up (I have pulled it up by hand and it dosent want to stay). Any ideas anyone and will this be covered by the OPC extended warranty?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 57333

it will need a new window regulator sounds like the cables have snapped

Migration info. Legacy thread was 57338

I dont suppose that will be covered will it?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 57342

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Philip1972 on 05 May 2006

I dont suppose that will be covered will it?
worth asking !

Migration info. Legacy thread was 57352

According to the policy booklet, 'all electric motors' and 'electronic control units for.....electric windows' are covered so sounds like you might be in luck Philip

Migration info. Legacy thread was 57357

Thanks for the replies-I read that in the warranty booklet too but if its the regulator does it fall in to one of those categories?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 57358

Presume yours is a 996 because of the warranty but if by chance you have a 993 then it will almost certainly be rust on the window rail causing welds to fail.

It's available as a seperate part and your regulator is probably ok. Did mine 3 weeks ago - a bit of a s.d to do but not expensive.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 57359

Sorry John I did'nt specify-it is a 996.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 57361

Philip, I have got a contact name in customer services. If you want it, I'll PM it to you. This is the person who wrote answering my questions about the warranty (see thread on PGB Extended Warranty)

Migration info. Legacy thread was 57364

That would be great if you could give me the contact thanks Seagull. Much appreciated.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 57365

Well I have been to Wilmslow this morning and its the window regulator, not covered by warranty :?
and will cost £210 all in.

They also found the cam cover is leaking (it was fixed in Feb!!) and the variocam is leaking and I need an oil pressure switch, all of which IS covered :D

So its going in a week on Thursday and they even asked what car I would like for 2 days!! So since I have never driven a Boxster I am having one of them...nice to be given a choice I think.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 57401

Not too bad. Good the other items are covered.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 57441

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Porsche Die Hard
Back