Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

HELP - 996 Rad removal???

dvb247

How do I change a leaking rad on the drivers side of a Porsche 996 98 model? I have started stripping back the wheel arch trim and the bolts holding the radiator plus the coolant pipes, do I have to take the bumper off? was hoping to avoid it if poss, any help would be really appreciated, if anyone would like to call me on 07973326020 I can call you straight back.

Many thanks, Dave.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 56661

Sid your a star, I will keep a blog going here to help other 996 owners should they punch a hole in there rad and fancy the DIY route.

So far, I have taken the back of the rad to bits, all hoses off etc but I am unable to remove it due to the aircon pipes, so after a quick call from Sid for guidance tomorrow I will pull off the front bumper so I can seperate the aircon bit from side of the rad (sorry in advance for not knowing what anything is called!) then I will connect it all up again so I can find exactly where the leak is, I believe you can get them repaired which I will let you know about later.

Well thats it for now, thanks again Sid, hopefully I wont have to call you to much tomorrow!!!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 56716

On behalf of all the forum I would like to welcome Sid the Spanner (meant in the nicest possible manner) to the forum, and the help that you can offer others is deeply appreciated.

Daz

Migration info. Legacy thread was 56720

Ah ah thanks Richard, your right of course, only thing is I didn't like any Porsche until the 996, the 993 exterior was okay (the turbo was nice…even!) but the interior was like something out of 1950's and the pedals were somewhere behind the gear stick, I know some people are happy with the purist thing but for me looks count!!!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 56725

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Dave Bennett on 02 May 2006

Ah ah thanks Richard, your right of course, only thing is I didn't like any Porsche until the 996, the 993 exterior was okay (the turbo was nice…even!) but the interior was like something out of 1950's and the pedals were somewhere behind the gear stick, I know some people are happy with the purist thing but for me looks count!!!
9 posts and already branded a heretic. Run for cover Dave I drive a 996 but have to admit that a 993 looks nicer - although the earlier ones look better still. IMHO the 964 was the best looking, then the 997 (dons hard hat, kevlar vest etc. and ducks into the corner) :twisted:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 56731

Geez Stu, what you on tonight?

not more chateu lafit 88

Daz

P.S

I know I cant spell

Migration info. Legacy thread was 56755

and Marlboro Lights

Migration info. Legacy thread was 56773

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads