Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

C4S in for major 4 yr Service

F1_Dragon

Mexico City
So, dropped my P&J off at West London OPC for 4 yr Service. Very friendly and professional.

Slightly dreading the call from service engineer but will report back with how it all goes. In my untrained opinion the brakes feel and look fine, the clutch is not slipping and i have no pools of oil on my garage floor. I do however have to top up coolant every now and again, so we shall see.

....yours, holding my breath.... :wink:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 56545

Hmmm, just had a call to check if i had a warranty on the car....said they would call me back to discuss some items when i said i had...not sure if thats good or bad... :?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 56553

RMS?

Leaking radiator?

:wink:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 56555

Cool, are we starting a sweepstake ...

I'm going for dodgy variocam solenoid.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 56559

Can't be anything too major or they would have said there and then - just trying to find out how much money they could get out of you!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 56561

Do you think they are as thorough with their recommendations for "necessary" work once they know its covered by a warranty?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 56563

I find it very strange that they would phone up to ask if you have a warranty but not tell you what the potential problem is. This would really worry me and I would expect more honesty from any garage, let a long an OPC. All they have done is plant a seed of doubt in your mind, is seriously taking the p1ss!

Re: Radiators, was reading about a chap on Piston head who had all his radiators on a 3/4 year old 996 TT replaced under warranty due to corrosion etc. Can't remember who it was last week that couldn't get this done.

Mark.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 56569

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Jay T on 02 May 2006

Do you think they are as thorough with their recommendations for "necessary" work once they know its covered by a warranty?
It you have a good relationship with them then maybe, and if they aren't too busy then maybe, if it's dangerous then definately, but minor things they would probably let slip if they will not cause any harm.

Who knows - probably dpends how they are feeling on the day!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 56571

are we getting in to a

whats more scary the dentist or a service scenario?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 56574

OK, no RMS, but one radiator cracked which they are replacing FOC (not sure what is different to Dazs rad) and cracked spark plug linings, again repaired FOC.

...coolant leak on offside frontal area, not due to rad which they are going to investigate.

I was advised front brakes 80% gone, rears 50% as well as rear disc corrosion, rear wiper worn and front intakes got some clogging, but told them to leave off on that lot for now...

Have to say, so far so good...but have yet to hear about the findings from 'the investigation'....

Migration info. Legacy thread was 56575

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by supersport on 02 May 2006

Re: Radiators, was reading about a chap on Piston head who had all his radiators on a 3/4 year old 996 TT replaced under warranty due to corrosion etc. Can't remember who it was last week that couldn't get this done.
Mark.
That'll be Daz.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 56576

If you're lucky F1, you might get the work done by one of the forum members. Sid Malik joined us over the weekend. Now you know that they are going to have to give us a good service (pardon the pun)

Migration info. Legacy thread was 56579

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by mark pearce on 02 May 2006

are we getting in to a

whats more scary the dentist or a service scenario?
Now thats a no brainer, not only is the dentist more expensive, but it is damn well painfull as well.....oh and I can't get an extended warranty on my teeth :roll:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 56595

No, I am much happier going to the dentist and it is cheaper.

I hate taking the car for a service, and even more so the MOT, always sit waiting for that call explaining how I am going to have to sell the wife into slavery to pay the bill.

Mine went in for its first service under my ownership last week, major service and MOT, only need new contacts on rear fogs, a new horn - thought the old one sounded a bit gay, and brake pads all round, relieved of £900, but now know that I have a really good car for the money I paid, so big smiles. Still didn't enjoy the experience though.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 56599

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclassicauto
Back