Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

996 questions

Nitrous

Silverstone
Guys,

Picked up my 996 C2 yesterday and found one fault with it and I'd like some advise on fixing this.

When shutting the passengers door, the window doesn't lower itself (and lifts) in order to fit under the seal resulting in me having to lower the window with the switch, shut the door and lift it again by switch. The drivers door is fine. Kinda hard to explain but I guess you know what I mean.

Also, I am sure I have seen a link on this site to a self fix of the damaged chrome bonnet and engine lid levers. Correct? If not, do you know of any links?

All help appreciated!

Martin

Migration info. Legacy thread was 56445

The replacement of the bonnet and engine lid levers was covered in 911 & PW if that helps.......

Migration info. Legacy thread was 56450

Hi Martin,

It sounds like your window micro switch has failed. It's not a common fault but does happen. The bad thing is Porsche like to charge rather a lot of money for the privilege replacing this item with a cable and connector plug attached. Over £100.00 if my memory serves me well plus fitting. This involves taking the drivers door panel.

That’s plan A.

Plan B. If your IR remote functions leave the window down a tad when exiting the car as normal, then lock the car with the IR remote but hold the button down for a few extra seconds.....the windows will auto close and vice versa on opening.

Plan C. If you PM me I do have brand new Porsche window micro switches somewhere in the garage. They won't have a Porsche price tag.

Try the window trick first.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 56456

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stulees65
Back