Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Cayenne has some uses after all

Jamie_G

I'm normally the first to admit that my choice of Porsche is questionable, life long fan of the 911 - the only way I could get my wife to agree to letting spend lots of money on a car was to go for the SUV. The worst mistake I made was subsequently borrowing 997 C4S from OPC for a few days - my Cayenne will never be the same. Today however, I have made good use of the space and was actually surprised about how versatile this car is with seats folded down and numerous trips to B&Q stocking up with timber and loft insulation for the weekends DIY activities - again pressure from the ball and chain.

I also have first child on the way and today feel a whole lot happier about owning a Cayenne, regrets - not getting the S or Turbo.

PS you can also get your mates in the back and golf clubs in the boot without legs being wrapped round heads - a bad thing if your mates are birds I suppose.

So, for another few months 997 brochure going in the draw out of sight.

Have a good weekend all.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 56142

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by JamieG on 28 April 2006

I'm normally the first to admit that my choice of Porsche is questionable

you mean

*cough* VW Toureg 3.2 V6 tip *cough* :wink:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 56145

Easy mate. It deffo has Porsche badge on it - just went outside and checked.

Taxi for Garside

Migration info. Legacy thread was 56146

Nought much wrong with a Cayenne that putting a RRS body on wouldn't put right......and there ain't much wrong with a RRS that putting a Cayenne S engine in wouldn't put right.. :D

Migration info. Legacy thread was 56149

"Cayenne has some uses after all"

Yes, you're right - but only in the cooking :p

Migration info. Legacy thread was 56151

It's required for Fajaitas - good stuff in my opinion! :wink:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 56154

Damn glad I didn't get a Cayenne now.......the abuse I'd get then with the slowest GT3 in the world.....& the ugliest Porsche ever..... :oops:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 56159

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by JamieG on 28 April 2006

Easy mate. It deffo has Porsche badge on it - just went outside and checked.

Taxi for Garside

thats all tho.............jeez even my 924S has more Porsche in it than the VR6(they've re-badged it you fool!!! :wink: )Tourag...sorry Cayenne

Migration info. Legacy thread was 56160

OPC has just invited me for an extended test drive of any of current range. I've done the 997 C4S. Can't decide whether to get some more time in that or another model. Obviously need to assign Cayenne to the wife, bin the CLK and get into a proper Porsche then.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 56548

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by JamieG on 02 May 2006

assign Cayenne to the wife, bin the CLK and get into a proper Porsche then.

That's the way to go!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 56550

I like the Cayenne! I wouldn't mind getting one! The wife would love it, I would get the S or the Turbo. The only "normal" sedan I like is the Maserati Four Door (Quatroporte) SUV has to be the Cayenne.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 56551

Previous poster said:

OPC has just invited me for an extended test drive of any of current range. I've done the 997 C4S. Can't decide whether to get some more time in that or another model. Obviously need to assign Cayenne to the wife, bin the CLK and get into a proper Porsche then.
You know it makes sense!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 56558

So which current model shall I take for extended test drive, I woudl love to spend some time in the 4S again but should I have a go in another? When is the new Turbo going to be in the dealerships?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 56566

Previous poster said:

So which current model shall I take for extended test drive, I woudl love to spend some time in the 4S again but should I have a go in another? When is the new Turbo going to be in the dealerships?
A 996 TT would give you an idea of what the new turbo would be like. I would want it to be a dry day though!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 56572

The turbo launch is 24th - 25th June so you'll not get a go of a 997 Turbo before then.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 56578

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back