Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

OPC in alternate reality (Bristol)

Jay T

I think I've just visited an OPC in an alternate reality.

I was having a problem with rough idling and took my car in this morning. Pleasant chat with the lady on the desk, cup of coffee whilst the guys out the back ran the diagnostics.

Result: faulty variocam thingy in bank 1 requiring a replacement with 6 hrs labour (£1400). Thankfully covered by the Porsche warranty. Letting them have my car next Wednesday morning. Will be given a brand new loner for the day.

Assuming that everything goes as planned, I'm very happy with my first trip to the OPC with my 996.

Only problem I can see is that the loner is a Boxster :wink:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 55340

No I dont think so, just diffrent problem, diffrent cover.

Dont think Cardiff OPC is bad at all, just my bad luck for type of faults.

Daz

Migration info. Legacy thread was 55341

Jay T - best to drop the Cab off Tuesday eve, then you can drive the Boxster under the cover of darkness....

Migration info. Legacy thread was 55342

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Speed Freak on 25 April 2006

No I dont think so, just diffrent problem, diffrent cover.

Dont think Cardiff OPC is bad at all, just my bad luck for type of faults.

Daz
Daz, I think you have been really unlucky. The MotherIL has had hers for years from new and hasn't built up many bills at all. Just tyres, servicing and a bit of warranty work. Maybe only £4K in total. But maybe that is the advantage of buying the car from new. You get to cherish the car from day 1, ensuring it is looked after perfectly and kept the way you want to.

Try not to lose the faith. :)

Migration info. Legacy thread was 55344

Jay - I use Lovett's at Bristol as well and so far (touch wood) they have been great. Mine is in for RMS next week (joy!) and they have always been very accomodating and helpful (apart from the fact that I always get a Cayenne as a loaner!!)

Migration info. Legacy thread was 55913

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by James S on 27 April 2006

Jay - I use Lovett's at Bristol as well and so far (touch wood) they have been great. Mine is in for RMS next week (joy!) and they have always been very accomodating and helpful (apart from the fact that I always get a Cayenne as a loaner!!)
When they were giving me a choice of loaner, I thought they said Cayman. Turned out to be Cayenne :oops:

So Boxster it is then ...

Migration info. Legacy thread was 55914

Yep, I thought they said Cayman at first as well!!

Got the Cayenne S next week so at least it will have a little more go than the last boggo standard one I had.

No Box available :(

Migration info. Legacy thread was 55916

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SBSEA
Back