Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Tyres

Jays964

I'm just about to put 4 tyres on my car and wondered what others use and if anyone knows of a decent place to get them? I've checked with www.mytyres.co.uk and they're not actually that much cheaper than the local ATS once you factor in having them fitted.

I've got Pilot Sports on the car at the moment, i'm not unhappy with them, although i've only had about 10k tops out of the rears. I was thinking about either trying P Zero's or S02's, anyone use these?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 55171

I've heard that S02s work well on 964s according to some of the 964RS boys as a good road tyre.

I wouldn't recommend P-Zero Rossos as I find them squirrelly and inconsistent (at least on the GT3).

I used to run PZero System Assimetricos on the 993 and found them to be an excellent tyre, although I know these are now sadly out of production.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 55180

I need 2 new tyres on the back soon. So can I mix and match?

Ok what works on a 996C2?!?!

I'm sure life was easier with an old nail! :twisted:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 55190

I might go for the S02's then. I was thinking of trying the P-Zero's, been quoted £500 all in for 4. Pilot's are coming in at £575 for 4, will check on the S02's tomorrow. Imagine they'll be somewhere inbetween the P-Zero's and the Pilots.

Personally I wouldn't mix and match tyres front and back David. What have you got at the moment? If they're reasonable get what you have on the front. Thats what I did the last time the Pilot's got low on the back, its worked out quite well, all 4 now need changing which means I can try a different brand.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 55251

the contis are quite nice but no idea if ok on a 964

Migration info. Legacy thread was 55260

also have you tried the place just outside Cambridge that evo use for the fast fleet, it is meant to be very good though I am not sure how cheap

Migration info. Legacy thread was 55261

Do you know the name of the place just outside of Cambridge?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 55281

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back