Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

sports exhaust

dick jones

Monza
Does having a non porshe sports exhaust fitted invalidate your warranty.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 54934

Hi

I spoke to Porsche Bournemouth about this today. Rod in servicing told me that as the exhaust is not covered under extended warranty anyway, it wouldnt make any difference unless the non Porsche parts caused a problem with parts that are covered. I guess yours would be within the 2 year full warranty though, so I would have a guess that the introduced exhaust would not be covered, but the rest of the car would be assuming the non Porsche parts have no detrimental affect on the rest of the car. But you will have to check with Porsche. :?

Ross

Migration info. Legacy thread was 54942

yip............anything non-Porsche approved fitted to your motor will probably void it..........tho i think it also depends on what sort of relationship you have with your OPC`

Migration info. Legacy thread was 54943

postamble();
you'd have to read the small print, however, I fail to see how, if you've fitted a non-Porsche sports exhaust and your RMS goes, how they could argue against paying up....(although, of course I could be making the mistake of applying common sense here!)

Marc

Migration info. Legacy thread was 55039

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by decompressing on 23 April 2006

(although, of course I could be making the mistake of applying common sense here!)
A fatal mistake where OPCs can be involved. Plus as an exhaust effects the flow of gases - I can see how an OPC would start making a case if the engine goes wrong!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 55063

Connected question - I expect has been answered before, but I can't find it..

I'm looking at a couple of C4S cars with good specs, but no sports exhaust. If I want the OPC to fit one, I've heard its c£1800.

What if I don't want/need the on/off button? Is there a cheaper solution?

Any guidence appreciated...

Migration info. Legacy thread was 56395

Not having the switch saves quite a bit of labour and having read the workshop instructions for fitting the switch, it is a pig of a job.

Re after market exhausts, the wording which might void everything in the latest warranty Document is 'if your vehicle has been modified in a manner not approved by the manufacturer'

And if you take it on a trackday,'If your vehicle has been used for purposes other than those for which it is intended'

So provided that you don't mod the car or track it, the warranty will cover you for RMS failure, colapsed crank and split cylinders all of which are known 996 problems.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 56396

just a word of advice anything porsche bournemouth tell you ask for in writing as they will say they never said it if it goes wrong i took my car back to them after 2 days of owning it with a faulty clutch and was told to see how it whent well it whent alright but guess what they can't remember me going there the 1st time so i had to pay

Migration info. Legacy thread was 56408

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by vincent white on 30 April 2006

just a word of advice anything porsche bournemouth tell you ask for in writing as they will say they never said it if it goes wrong i took my car back to them after 2 days of owning it with a faulty clutch and was told to see how it whent well it whent alright but guess what they can't remember me going there the 1st time so i had to pay
Good point, I bet they will be reluctant to provide written advice but we will see, I'll ask on Tuesday and let you all know.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 56412

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stulees65
Back