Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Reading OPC shocker !

Fuchs

Baku
Was back in the Uk for Easter and went to my local OPC (Reading), to buy a few bits - Touch up paint, some fasteners and a drain tube that i was missing - none of it was in stiock so parts chappie ordered it and said it would arrive in 2 days, 2 days later he calls and says some has arrived, rest on its way, it will all arrive before you go back to CH. got a call just before leaving Uk to say it still hadnt arrived. ok no problem i'll get someone to collect it when it does arrive and i'll get them to bring it over on their next trip. My Dad calls me today to say he went in to collect the parts and guess what, one part still not arrived !!! Anyhow - get this , parts chappie says because we have messed you around there will be NO CHARGE and when the missing part arrives we will send it onto to CH.

To say i am impressed is an understatment. My dad's comment was "good cars those porsches - you get free parts, free coffee while waiting for your free parts and a free look at the reception tottie. :D

so - its not all doom and gloom at OPC's is it?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 54679

Blimey! Bet the parts guy was sacked the very next day. :twisted:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 54682

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Fuchs on 20 April 2006

To say i am impressed is an understatment. My dad's comment was "good cars those porsches - you get free parts, free coffee while waiting for your free parts and a free look at the reception tottie. :D

so - its not all doom and gloom at OPC's is it?
If your talking about the reception totty then no its not! :twisted:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 54692

Yep...........went to OPC Hatfield and was treated with courtesy efficiency and beleive it or not good value when I needed a little part for my 993. And the I had a scream with the ladies on reception................wouldn't want to buy one of those girly cars tho'!!!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 58738

Funny that

I ordered a 993 owners handbook thru the OPC Reading, after 2 weeks was advised it had arrived so I drove down to pick it up. Parts guy was very apologetic said he was mistaken and it hadnt actually arrived but as a form of apology it would now be free of charge and he would call me the instant it came in. Impressive eh?

Well 8 months have passed and no call!!

I bought 1 on ebay!!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 58766

Latest posts

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mchass
Back