Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

New boy needs advice

Gone Sailing

Trainee
I am new to the site and close to realising my 19 year dream of buying a Porsche. I am looking for a 996 C4, either cab or coupe, that can act as my everyday car. Lets face it, when you have wanted one for this long how can you leave it in the garage!!

So i have seen a 2003 03 C4 Cab with 43,000 miles on with all the toys inc PCM, Xenons, Bose, etc and wonder if i am paying over the odds at £45,000? That is my max budget and i now it will depreciate if i use it everyday but 996's are good for the mileage i hope.

Any thoughts or buying/ownership advice you can offer me would be very welcome.

Hope to be part of the gang very soon.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 52981

That is a really good price, as long as you get it surveyd etc

Welcome to the site, and good luck,

Daz

Migration info. Legacy thread was 52984

serviced,

4 new tyres

and of course passed an 111 point check

and comes with a porsche warranty

( and to hell to the fsa for saying it)

Migration info. Legacy thread was 52987

Anybody know why Porsche GB will not sell him their warranty?

Also, i have to say i love the PCM, Bose, Switchable Sports Exhaust, etc etc. What do you reckon the 996 i have seen is worth, considering it comes with a Porsche Warranty.

Thanks for the welcome, i appreciate your replies

Migration info. Legacy thread was 52990

OK, just read the rest of the Stirlings Website so i now know the deal with the warranty! I know how you feel about the FSA, i have to suffer them too.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 52991

Looks like you could be sorted pretty quickly Gone Sailing - get right on with living the dream! :D

Migration info. Legacy thread was 52995

If the plate is included the car is a steal at £45,000 :wink:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 52997

sorry no plate waiting for the docs o come back from the DVLA

sports exhaust £1500 ish

Migration info. Legacy thread was 53002

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Peter Bird on 09 April 2006

If the plate is included the car is a steal at £45,000 :wink:

It certainly would be!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 53010

i should point out that i would really like a C4S if the car was available at the price

Migration info. Legacy thread was 53012

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Gone Sailing on 10 April 2006

i should point out that i would really like a C4S if the car was available at the price
Not another one at Sevenoaks car park??? - jeez they're gettin a bit common :D

Migration info. Legacy thread was 53015

Using it everyday does actually mean driving it further than the local train station.

I am not in any rush so happy to wait for the perfect car. Carrera 4 is prefered and if its an S then its a bonus. Maybe i need to stratch the budget for an S with the toys? 2003 models seem to be about £50,000, does that sounds right?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 53018

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stulees65
Back