Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Faults OPC Service

Tiptronic

Banned
I am going to book my car in tomorow to get all issues sorted with it.

I have a list of problems with the car:-

1.Leaking RMS should be under wtty

2.Ignition Barrell should be under wtty

3.Exhaust Rattle not under wtty, needs welding (apparentley)

4.Noisy Diff needs checking, if faulty should be under wtty

I am also going to have an early service at the same time, and probably replace the clutch if required when the RMS is being done.

I will post my progress re OPC and what is covered under wtty, and if the wtty really is worth having.

Daz

Migration info. Legacy thread was 52979

I will be interested to read about this Daz. Let us know.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 52985

Got mine booked in for a 24,000 service in a couple of weeks so the cheque book has hidden itself in anticipation. Also getting a 4 wheel alignment done which is an extra 2 hours labour, so £198 + VAT

At least £99/hour is less than Audi charge :D

Migration info. Legacy thread was 52992

Daz, don't take any crap off them, stamp your feet if you have to. All that should be covered under your waranty for sure.

Good luck. :D

Migration info. Legacy thread was 52993

that's quite a list and hopefully the opc will sort it out, as they should !

Migration info. Legacy thread was 53000

Which opc Daz?

Hope all goes well mate, keep us updated..

...rob

Migration info. Legacy thread was 53001

Cardiff OPC,

Droping it off on Saturday morning, and leaving it with them while I am in Kenya.

I have asked them to undertake the following tasks:-

1. Leaking RMS
2. Check noisy diff on idle. Probably ok.
3. Check clutch during RMS replacement.
4. Check that the service book is stamped correctley.
5. 4 wheel alignment check.
6. New plastic wheel centres with C4S on them.
7. Paint the wheel nuts.
8. Weld the noisy exhaust brackett.
9. Check jamming sterring lock barell, and replace if fualty.
10. Tighten P/S Seat Rattling.
11. Commpresion test engine, using 1/2 litre of coolant every 1000 - 2000 miles.

I know that I am probably being very fussy regarding the car, however it represents a big investement for me, and I feel that it is worth keeping in tip top shape.

Of the items on the list, I expect the RMS, diff, str lock and compression test, and fault if there is one, to be covered under wtty.

I am expecting a bill approaching £1000 for all the other work, if the clutch requires replacing.

It will be interesting.

I have had the car since November and total spending on the car thus far:-

1. Purchase £45,000
2. Service £650
3. Ext Wtty £730
4. Tyres £650
5. Tyres £650
6. Insurence £650
7. Consumables £100

Total Spending to date £48,430

Milage on purchase 14,200
Milage now 22,000

Expected value at the moment:-

1.Trade In £40,000
2.Private £42,500
3.Trade £39,000
4.OPC Price £47,500

These are my figures, so I might be wrong, however I keep a close eye on the classifieds.

If I was to sell it, it would require about £500 of painting to get it perfect, stone chips on the PU etc.

So to date if I was to sell it as a perfect car privately, assuming I could find a buyer then I would be looking at a loss of £6,430 for the first 8000 miles of ownership.

However I do realise that some of the costs reflect a years motoring and only 5 months have passed since purchase.

Just thought it would be interesting to calculate the cost of living with a Porsche 911 every day.

Daz

Migration info. Legacy thread was 53041

Hi Daz,

I think the OPC price would be £50,000 plus. With your low milage and spec.Referencing all the OPC prices and what I paid. Still able to sleep at night just about!

On the whole Cardiff have been good to me so far compared to what I have read here about other OPC's.

My beast is due in for some snags from purchase, nothing serious, ie window cord, new key needs programming, interior detail, but have been reassured all will be sorted.

Have to say as a newbie done 500 miles in her and coming back from derby yesterday solid and planted, should have bought sooner.

Cheers Alan.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 53061

i'm interested in the results of this too. good luck with OPC.

Since my 5 week ownership of a 911, the two OPCs i've used so far have not been very impressive.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 53345

Ok a qick update,

I phoned the OPC on Friday and the gearbox was out and the RMS being attended to.

The car should be ready tomorow with a PSE exhaust fitted, however no switch, and the reason for that is because that means it doesnt go quiet between 30 - 45mph.

Can be fitted easily if I want it in future.

I was in the air today when the OPC rang three times, and had a text to tell me that they had rung several times, so I do hope they were ringing me to tell me that the car was ready and not to advise me of problems.

They told me on Friday that the RMS would be covered.

I will find out tomorow, really looking forward to the PSE.

Daz

Migration info. Legacy thread was 55233

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Speed Freak on 10 April 2006

Cardiff OPC,Droping it off on Saturday morning, and leaving it with them while I am in Kenya.I have asked them to undertake the following tasks:-1. Leaking RMS2. Check noisy diff on idle. Probably ok.3. Check clutch during RMS replacement.4. Check that the service book is stamped correctley.5. 4 wheel alignment check.6. New plastic wheel centres with C4S on them.7. Paint the wheel nuts.8. Weld the noisy exhaust brackett.9. Check jamming sterring lock barell, and replace if fualty.10. Tighten P/S Seat Rattling.11. Commpresion test engine, using 1/2 litre of coolant every 1000 - 2000 miles.I know that I am probably being very fussy regarding the car, however it represents a big investement for me, and I feel that it is worth keeping in tip top shape.Of the items on the list, I expect the RMS, diff, str lock and compression test, and fault if there is one, to be covered under wtty.I am expecting a bill approaching £1000 for all the other work, if the clutch requires replacing.It will be interesting.I have had the car since November and total spending on the car thus far:-1. Purchase £45,0002. Service £6503. Ext Wtty £7304. Tyres £6505. Tyres £6506. Insurence £6507. Consumables £100Total Spending to date £48,430Milage on purchase 14,200Milage now 22,000Expected value at the moment:-1.Trade In £40,0002.Private £42,5003.Trade £39,0004.OPC Price £47,500These are my figures, so I might be wrong, however I keep a close eye on the classifieds.If I was to sell it, it would require about £500 of painting to get it perfect, stone chips on the PU etc.So to date if I was to sell it as a perfect car privately, assuming I could find a buyer then I would be looking at a loss of £6,430 for the first 8000 miles of ownership.However I do realise that some of the costs reflect a years motoring and only 5 months have passed since purchase.Just thought it would be interesting to calculate the cost of living with a Porsche 911 every day.Daz

An update as of this morning: 25th April 2006-

Had a phone call to tell me the following:-

Flywheel and clutch requires replacement, cars only done 22k miles and it requires a flywheel, total cost for parts £1100

Pressure test on coolant system has discovered both front radiators leaking, total cost to replace and fit approx £800, not covered under wtty.

PSE exhaust not done because no parts in stock, even though I ordered 3 weeks ago, so as a result not done.

Compression test on engine comes back ok, thank god no problems there.

So even though I booked the car in almost a month ago, and left it in the OPC on the Saturday before my departure, the car was not started untill the Friday following my departure, and the fact that it required a new fly wheel was not discovered untill yesterday evening.

That is absouloutely awful, if they had striped the car last Tuesday they would have know the flywheel required replacement and would have had the opportunity to advise me so that I could give them the authority, ditto the exhaust was only ordered last Friday.

This is leaving a very bad taste in my mouth, and TBH compounds the problems that I have had with every 911 I have owned.

To get back on the road is going to cost me £2500 without the exhaust and the car is under extended wtty!!

Conclusion:-

Extended Wtty a waste of time and money.

911 3.6, or 3.4 problems far from sorted and I doubt the 997 has it licked either.

Once back on the road, the way I currentley feel the car will be sold and I will be moving to a non porsche product.

Very Very Pi**ed off with the OPC and Porsche.

Daz

Migration info. Legacy thread was 55264

Understand fully why you feel so P****d off.

Take a deep breath count to 10, then go and thump something.

Seriously sorry to hear the tale of woe. :(

Migration info. Legacy thread was 55271

Sorry to hear that Daz, I think you'r problems are not because of the cars, but the OPC. You're right, as Rob would agree, that Ext Wtty is a waste of money.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 55272

Daz, that is rubbish. Your OPC sound awful. How come the radiatros aren't covered under warranty? I can understand that the flywheel isn't, but at 22K miles it shouldn't need changing.

Sorry. :(

Migration info. Legacy thread was 55275

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back