Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

first porsche 911?

simon steedman

hi all .im looking for my first 911.got about £15000 to spend.any ideas.thanks

I will be used as a weekend car .

Migration info. Legacy thread was 51508

3.2 Supersport, or realistically are good 3.2 bought privately. Excellent fun, limited depreciation, cheepish to run and traditional looks.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 51509

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by supersport on 30 March 2006

3.2 Supersport, or realistically are good 3.2 bought privately. Excellent fun, limited depreciation, cheepish to run and traditional looks.
ditto ^^^^^^

2006_0326Image0003Small.jpg

Web link

Migration info. Legacy thread was 51511

/images/migration/UploadedForumImages/Comp1(3).JPG

...and it just so happens I have one for sale. Simon, if you are interested PM me for details.

Gary

Migration info. Legacy thread was 51525

course if you crave some sort of creature comfort(s)..........964's look very tempting :D

Migration info. Legacy thread was 51526

1989 3.2 Supersport - just bought one within your budget. Have it checked over though by one of the experts.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 51529

i like the older 3.2 cars.was looking at the 911virgin web site.

would like to buy one from a well known garage.etc.

regards simon

Migration info. Legacy thread was 51537

Go for a 3.2 carrera, I've owned mine for 12 months, used as a daily hack, very happy, I have the 84 model with 915 gearbox a very engaging drive.

I dont know about the UK, but in Australia, cheap to insure $1100AUD as a daily driver no KM limit, and very easy to live with regarding running costs.

Back to my teenage years, this was the car I use to drool over, classic 911, LOVE IT!!
/images/migration/UploadedForumImages/911_1(1).JPG

No power stearing, no hydraulic clutch, no noise or immision control nothing!!

Just a rawness which will put a permanent grin on your face, and will have you going the long way to where ever your driving.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 53379

For a 1st Porsche, you can't beat a 3.2 Carrera, especially for a weekend car. That said, you can easily use it daily from time to time when the mood takes you (which it will).

£15k will buy you a v nice one, esp privately. There are some good books/buyer's guides around to get you started; check out some nice private sales, find a nice one, get it inspected, then roll on Summer!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 53415

Don't discount a 964 either. The prices of 3.2 are edging higher than 964 with all the bad myths about 964, even though it's a much better car.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 53416

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by simon steedman on 30 March 2006

i like the older 3.2 cars.was looking at the 911virgin web site.

would like to buy one from a well known garage.etc.

regards simon
Hi simon

garage purchase at that budget wont necessarily get you anything other than a higher purchase price. Non Porsche warranty is not always a great safety feature so what you save buying privately would easily cover an expert Pre-Purchase Inspection and a few quid into your running fund. You'll generally find that if any poster on here has a car for sale, it'll be lovingly looked after and low risk.

Echoing Rodders sentiments - Ray Northway has a nice looking 964 Carrera 2 at the bottom of this page for 14,995. Some of his stock is selling for owners rather than cars he has bought, but his reputation as an Indy servicer is exemplary

http://www.northwayporsche.co.uk/car_sales/car.asp?ModelName=911%2BAircooled

Check out some of the other Independant dealers at the botoom of the home page

Migration info. Legacy thread was 53419

hi thanks for the replys.I do like the shape of the 964.But you hear thinks about oil leaks etc.

Coming from a golf gti to a porsche is a big step.

Can anyone recommend a good garage to buy from,and a good expert to contact about a pre-purchase inspection.

thanks simon

Migration info. Legacy thread was 53788

Most 'proper' 964s will most likely have had the oil leaks, flywheel attended to already. A good inspection, costing around £250, will show up any probs and let you buy with confidence.

I reckon that they have an unfair reputation, and the valuations low as a result. Good value IMO.

The 964 engine sounds especially cool for some reason...

Migration info. Legacy thread was 53793

Ditto, 3.2.

964's are great but more complicated and therefore generally cost more to service.

The 3.2's have a magical sound and raw feel (no power steering and heavy pedals) lovely!!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 54138

Hello, I have used Nationwide on the last few PPI five so far. That I have had done my search still goes on. Said it before there is a lot of junk out there with a good paint job covering up a lot of horrors. PEOPLE ARE STILL WANTING SILLY MONEY FOR THERE CARS!!!!!!!!!!!

But better to lose a few hundred pounds, than thousands on a dog of a car.

SEE YA

Migration info. Legacy thread was 54147

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R6demon
Back