Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Damned stupid radio aerial...

Rich Jones

Just recently my radio reception has gone up the spout.

Took the car to my local ICE dealer and they informed me that a tiny amount of water has got into the windscreen and eroded the aerial :eek:

They say that nothing can be done apart from getting a new windscreen.

Is this true?

I don't really want to have to pay hundreds of pounds just to get to listen to some overweight Northener each morning :D

Is there a cheaper/better way of getting my radio signal back :?

If I do have to replace the windscreen can I be sure that this will cure the problem?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 49965

Rich, most Insurance policies will pay for a windscreen replacement with a small excess (about £60). This would also not effect your no-claims.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 49967

Erm, if I have a new windscreen fitted, does the aerial in it need to then be attached to anything?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 49969

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Rich Jones on 20 March 2006

Erm, if I have a new windscreen fitted, does the aerial in it need to then be attached to anything?
the radio maybe ? :oops:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 49977

I would'nt change the windscreen unless you have to.

Replacement 993 windscreens seem to be a bit fickle to get right as many forum posts have pointed out.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 49981

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Warren M on 20 March 2006

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Rich Jones on 20 March 2006

the radio maybe ? :oops:

:oops:
- ha ha, errrr, excuse my stupidity, a moment of madness......

Just checked my aerial in the window and it is absolutely fine.

Does anyone know where I can get a good signal amplifier from that will do the job???

Migration info. Legacy thread was 49994

your local GSF (german swedish and french) should be able to supply a nice one. And lots cheaper than Halfords or Porsche.

Just make sure the aerial says its "amplified" and you should be fine, then attach the aerial signal to the stereo head unit and the little red wire to a + power source. And you're away again!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 50118

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Camarocane
Back