Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Locking wheel nuts

pee cee

Are there any means of removing locking wheel nuts without the keys. The previous owner fitted 997s wheels to my 993s I cant find the key and he does not remember where he as put them ,to make things worse when he changed them he left the old locking nuts on aswell. Do garages have ways to do these without damaging the wheels.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 49719

I had a problem with one of the locking wheel nuts on a car a few years ago, which I only discovered when I went to buy some new tyres. I seem to remember the mechanic simply hammered an old old socket onto the locking nut and undid it. It's probably worth popping into your local KwikFit and asking them. They've seen it all before...

Migration info. Legacy thread was 49743

Some of the bigger independents carry a full set so worth a phone call to find out if they could take them off for you. Failing that try the OPCs as I believe they should have a full set in the workshop.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 49749

Thanks for the advice lads by the way in the event of a puncture is it best to use the spare or carry a can of foam

Migration info. Legacy thread was 49777

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by pee cee on 19 March 2006

Thanks for the advice lads by the way in the event of a puncture is it best to use the spare or carry a can of foam
Had the can of foam (and compressor) in my last - was not very useful - the only time I needed it was when I belw a tyre on the motorway and it is not designed to deal with those problems. Had to get a transporter to take me home. :(

Migration info. Legacy thread was 50029

Better off using the foam as hair gell :wink:
and making sure you have extra cover RAC or AA cover as standard cover doesn't cover running out of petrol or flat tyres.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 54608

Porsche dealers have a full set of keys for Porsche wheel nuts. So get a dealer to remove them, then fit ordinary nuts then order the correct key from the Porsche dealer.
Easy! :)

Migration info. Legacy thread was 54611

i had to do this, got opc to do it.

its easy but costly, the opc charged me half an hour to change the locking nuts, bill for a set of four new locking nuts and the labour was about £100.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 55112

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lb456
Back