Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

buying my first 996

richardofengland

Nurburgring
hi All, and I am sure this one has been answered before.

I am seriously out to buy a 996 2 coupe and set myself a target of 30k all up to spend. Some good advice has been forthcoming from here.

I intend, when found, to put a deposit on a car -subject to it passing a Porsche 111 point examination. If it does great, if not then get my money back or they fix it first. As the car is not mine the dealer will have to take it to Porsche.

What happens after the car is 9 years old and Porsche do not cover - whats best. I ask this as a 98/99/00 car looks about the right price.

Other than condition, mileage and OPSH, what are the most important points of buying this car I should consider in terms of 1) the car and 2) anything else I should sort with the dealer.

sorry if this is the millionth request on this subject, but we all have to start somewhere you lucky owners

thanks

Richard

Migration info. Legacy thread was 48393

hi richard, i was in the same boat a few weeks ago, i bought my 911 last saturday.

have a search for my posts, they shouldn't be too far down the list. I asked the same question and got lots of good replies.

basically it sounds like you're going down the correct approach.

The answer to after the 9 years is that you won't have a warranty and the running costs/repairs will all be your own bills.

Mines a 98 and in the process of getting a warranty within the month but i understand that next year it won't be covered.

I think you can still buy other warranties but i've not looked into that.

have a good check over the car and ask obvious questions like "has it ever had any accidents?" what dents has it got? is there any mechanical things that you think porsche will find on the 111 check? have you had any major bills for the car?

then check all the invoices and see if the owners answers match, body language is also useful to observe to see if the owner gets cagy about answering the questions.

Have fun and look around and always remember its a buyers market and if the deal isn't right for you then its not a deal.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 48457

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biel
Back