Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

porsche warranty

richardofengland

Nurburgring
Hi I am in same position and looking to buy similar. How does one get a porsche warranty after buying from a trader such as cridfords. Is it buy first then go to porsche - big worry there or is there a way to get this before handing over the money

thanks

richard

Migration info. Legacy thread was 48099

get it inspected before you buy it, pay a deposit subject to a satisfactory inspection, get them to write it on the receipt

or buy from a dealer whos had it done already

Migration info. Legacy thread was 48104

Thanks for the tip. When I find one I like I will def get Porsche to check it out.

if it passes I pay the money - if it fails and I dont want it I assume the seller does not have to pay anything if they dont want repairs made etc.

Last question I promise

thanks

Migration info. Legacy thread was 48114

Richard, what car are you looking at? You could do us all a favour here if you look at the other Porsche warranty thread going on, its now been suggested you should get you ECU checked by Porsche to check for engine abuse that could later affect your warranty ( this is not done with the Porsche 111 check )

We would be very interested in the outcome of this.

regards

...rob

Migration info. Legacy thread was 48118

Rob,

and there was me thinking it is hard enough already to find the car I want . Now its, put deposit down, take to porsche, pay 250 quid for the 111 point check, have ECU checked as well (any fee for this), if all ok then take out 700+ warranty. If not ok, it just cost me 250. Tell me this is the best course of action.

thanks rich

Migration info. Legacy thread was 48119

Rich.

You have to get the 111 point check if you want warranty and with that you have the reassurance your buying a sound car. This is the most sensible thing to do for sure. However my recent post on the Porsche warranty issue suggests that your warranty could be deemed void from abuse by a previous owner. The 111 pc does not check this. Which is why it would be extremely useful if you could at least pose the question as it would certainly set the cat amongst the pigeons so to speak at the OPC, of course if it causes you a problem or hassle what ever dont worry about it, but as i said i would be very interested in the official line over this ie would or even could they charge you? for checking the ECU if later on they can void your warranty with this info!!.

Just a thought mate.

Ps still not said what 911 your looking at.

cheers

...rob

Migration info. Legacy thread was 48120

Thanks

I am merely looking for a 996 coupe - less than 40000 miles at around 30k.

preferably silver, maybe grey but rarer.

I expect this would get me upto a year 2000 at best at the moment.

I am concerned as I want a proper warranty as a big repair would make my purchase a very expensive one.

richard

Migration info. Legacy thread was 48125

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drthein
Back