Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

GT3 Rear Seats

TWPaul

Hi guys. First post so please bear with me.

After a good number of years since 911 ownership life is better and I'm looking to get back into the fray..

Part of the deal with the Mrs is that whatever I get it must have rear seats for the occasional child transport. Fair enough. Trouble is what I really want is a GT3. I do a fair few track days a year and not a lot of road mileage. Plus of course they look the dogs danglies.

Dedicated track day car is going to make funds/garage space for 911. Local non-franchised dealer says he thinks that seat belt mounts are there (didn't have one in to check), but that I would need to get SVA inspection for log book change as GT3's are only registered as 2 seaters and Insurance screwed otherwise. Also of course I'd not be able to have solid seats and Clubsport/rollbar right out.

Has anybody else any knowledge of putting rear seats 'back' into a GT3?

Any advice gratefully received.

ps. yes, I know a C2 with 911 Aero kit, sports suspension, chipped motor etc would get me close with all creature comforts but I do want the 'real deal'!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 47511

Peter Topping displayed his GT3 at the curry evening late last year with junior seat in place. I think he went the seat belt route rather than fitting actual seats.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 47521

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
3sp1f8
Back